nice story

A podiatrist friend of mine (alum of the U of Iowa bball program, under Lute) tells me of his nephew, who recently attended a SLU camp. Came away very impressed, my friend spoke with UB at length after the program.

Kid is going into sophomore year, is big, thin, goes to a small school, weighing his options for the future so that he can be as good as possible in the future.

Interesting talking to him, with hearing the background talk here about players moving around within a city to maximize exposure, competition, etc. This is an intelligent, motivated young man, who sees that his ability to get better is limited at the small school, lower competition school he attends.

Will keep you updated, especially if he moves his residence to meet all his athletic and academic needs.

mhg

First of all, the post never said he was considering moving to St. Louis just moving - could have been moving to another school in Iowa. Secondly, my question about the reason for the post was predicated on what I stated above. Third, my comment about the father moving to fix the issue for kid was simply to say that he has control over the situation so just exercise his control. Fourth, I never once mentioned anything about how good the kid was or where he was ranked - it was never in the orginal post. I think perhaps the other two posters got up on the wrong side of the bed. I also never said there was anything sinister about the orginal post - just curious what the point of the post was for a variety of reasons.

You guys know as much about him as I do. Just thought we would like to hear a good story of how a kid came down, was impressed with SLU via the camp, is considering moving (to St Louis) to go to school to get better competition. That's all.

We all hear so much negativity, good to hear a nice story. Have no idea if he will work out, there must be 20-40 such stories, for every one recruit you actually land. Does anyone have an iota of knowledge whether the kid will improve leaps and bounds each year, pull a Vouyoukos in one summer and lead the Bills to the championship? No. If this kid is 'the one' then we all can say, Remember when....

mhg