One would think

I'm still shell-shocked at the thought of Metz marching down the aisle to get his mental masturbation diploma. Based on his work here, he should be well on his way to a doctorate by now.

Prison yard phenoms and thugs? Think of good old Robert Whaley or another Quin recruit like Ricky C. There are other examples out there......

Yes, there is plenty of people who talk to players about the players grades, however they do not "keep them eligible". They set up tutors and give them support, but it is up to the athletes to get the grades ultimately.

I can already see the response to this about, "Yeah right, athletes get special treatment, blah, blah, blah." So have at it!

Gonzaga?? Batista come from Barton CC. Morrison is dumber than a rock. According to the Gonzaga web site they only had 83 scholar athletes. I don't think that Gonzaga's scholar athlete standards can measure up to SLU. Xavier and even Duke have lower standards for athletes than for the general student population.

risky, slu will let in any ncaa qualifier out of high school the same as any other college in all of the ncaa.

the only academic battle slu has to fight is the fact that they do not have the programs that most public ncaa schools have to accept any and all transfers and jucos. the ncaa requirements were changed a few years ago and now says that a transfer/juco must have enough existing acceptable credits from their originating school to fit into an existing major at the new school and be on pace to graduate with his/her class.

we have lost a few transferee's because of that fact, however, slu is under no more distress for incoming freshmen as any other school.