Losing a guy early to draft brings a team together?

VTIME

I just find it weird how Indiana lost Kirk Haston early to the draft and went to the title game the next year. LSU lost Brandon Bass early to the draft and went to the final four the next year. Florida lost it's 2 top returning players early in Matt Walsh and Roberson and won the national championship. How do teams lose what's supposed to be their leader the following season early and rebound to have the year that star was supposed to give them?

>I just find it weird how Indiana lost Kirk Haston early to

>the draft and went to the title game the next year. LSU

>lost Brandon Bass early to the draft and went to the final

>four the next year. Florida lost it's 2 top returning

>players early in Matt Walsh and Roberson and won the

>national championship. How do teams lose what's supposed to

>be their leader the following season early and rebound to

>have the year that star was supposed to give them?

While they weren't lost to the NBA, Izik Ohanon and Reggie Bryant were the Bills' leading scorers in 2004-05, their final season, but the team adds Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch and improves by seven games.

New blood makes a difference. Also, sometimes the players "stuck" behind those leaders have the opportunity to step up their games.

>>I just find it weird how Indiana lost Kirk Haston early to

>>the draft and went to the title game the next year. LSU

>>lost Brandon Bass early to the draft and went to the final

>>four the next year. Florida lost it's 2 top returning

>>players early in Matt Walsh and Roberson and won the

>>national championship. How do teams lose what's supposed to

>>be their leader the following season early and rebound to

>>have the year that star was supposed to give them?

>

>While they weren't lost to the NBA, Izik Ohanon and Reggie

>Bryant were the Bills' leading scorers in 2004-05, their

>final season, but the team adds Tommie Liddell and Kevin

>Lisch and improves by seven games.

>

>New blood makes a difference. Also, sometimes the players

>"stuck" behind those leaders have the opportunity to step up

>their games.

I dont know how to say this without sounding mean, but I was referring to already successful teams who lost big time players from tournament teams and the next year made an even deeper run. It's not that hard for a couple of good freshman to take a 9 win team and improve. I am surprised to see the Bills get a seven game improvement though, especially after that dreadful streak.

are you really that much of a numb nut when it comes to Billiken basketball are you just fond of writing stuff here without thinking?

If you had ever read any of the posts about two years ago, you would know that it was an aberration. The two seniors on the team were hurt...one played only one third of the season, the other was not able to play beyond 60-70% of what he showed the year before. There was no 'dreadful streak'.

I keep telling myself not to respond to any of your posts, but when I read such idiotic stuff, I have to cause other newer posters read your jibberish and think it is true.

Please read your posts before you put them up. A journalist rereads his stuff for accuracy before submitting it.

Please

mhg

>There was no 'dreadful streak'.

Pretty sure he was referring to the dreadful WLWLWL streak to start last year's campaign.

>Please read your posts before you put them up. A journalist

>rereads his stuff for accuracy before submitting it.

Maybe you should read his posts before you respond to them. Calling someone an idiot when it was you that misinterpreted what he said doesn't exactly result in much credibility heading your direction.

BBooster - Tom F was hurt and Reggie was hobbled but IO was fine. So, we had 3 leader senior but really only one was a nonfactor. IO - no leadership at all and RB tried but could not get it done. Like some earlier said - different people bring different chemistry.

>

> KU was still expected to be a great team after gooden left

>because they had two lottery picks back in hinrich and

>collison. plus simien was back, although he got hurt.

>

>bad boyz for life

they still improved despite losing a top 4 pick in the 2002 draft.