Recruit List

>Prisonns do not make the government money at all. They cost

>the government hundreds of millions every year. What are

>they teaching you at Harris Stowe? That statement is 100%

>WRONG.

Prisons make a profit for the government its free labor. It's free labor. Its close to the free slave labor that this country was built on and made it so rich.

> Here you go again

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H.

>Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players

>and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

No, I'm done. They're never gonna see it my way. The guy who made the comment needs to realize that this is a public message board that people can read, and if someone like Powell, or a teammate or a friend of his read that, they would be offended and it projects a message that is not the true message of SLU fans. Stlsfinest does know Powell. What if he tells him? You may have just lost Powell for SLU. If the message isn't removed and an apology isnt made, I wouldnt blame him for telling Powell. Maybe Powell should know that this type of talk is spoken by one SLU fans and condoned by others.

do you honestly believe that the revenue that is made off of whatever a prisoner "produces" offsets the room and board, the cost of containment, of the prisoner? that might be one of your best whopper's yet.

>do you honestly believe that the revenue that is made off of

>whatever a prisoner "produces" offsets the room and board,

>the cost of containment, of the prisoner? that might be one

>of your best whopper's yet.

You wont let me drop it will you. Ofcourse it more than offsets that costs. There throwing up prisons everywhere. Do you honestly think they are trying to lose money? What don't you get about free labor.

they put up prisons to keep the dregs of society away from good people and to punish the criminal for their deeds.

they are not losing money on prisons. Explain black being 10% of the world population, but fill up the majority of prisons. You want to explain to me how one race of people is so more genetically inclined to go to prison.

I don't know ... why don't you explain it to us? You seem to have a handle on it. I am though 100% sure it's not genetics. Are you saying it is? That imo is incredibly racist. I think there are too many problems with society that contribute to the larger percentage of black people in prison. If you switched the economic background's and put black people where white people are and vice-versa ... there would be way more white people in prison. It certainly isn't genetics

And your statement about prisons making money is just wrong ... way wrong.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

I think V is confusing the fact that prisons create jobs with the fallacy that prisons make money. Of course creating good paying jobs in the educational sector would help offset the need to build all those prisons to institutionalize the poor and uneducated who resort to crime but that's another subject. We should really continue this conversation in private messages rather than littering Steve's board with it.