Bills defeat Charlotte in Double OT!!

CentFLBilliken

I was tracking on line with the live stat option on the SLU athletic site.

Wileman came in for Vedad at 103:53 and scored the game winner at 104:33 ... obviousely a great subsitution.

Charlotte was 2-0 in CUSA with wins over East Carolina and South Florida.

Sounds like a good win ... Charlotte had about double the fouls, so it was probably a very physical game. We played a man up about the last 10 minutes of regulation. Vedad had a yellow card ... I don't know why but I know he whines a lot to the refs ... so I wonder if he said something he shouldn't have.

We will be at home on Wed. anyone els going

I saw Charlotte play last Sunday in Tampa and they were horrible. They were coming off an emotional win over USF on Friday, but they weren't impressive at all. Florida Atlantic beat them 4-1 and dominated so I was a little surprised that the game was this close.

If I'm not mistaken, this makes 3 overtime road wins for the Bills. Thats amazing.

SLU is the marked team on the schedule in conference. Winning road conference games against lesser teams is not easy to do. Getting wins, and not ties, no matter how, is significant.

I thought FIU deserved at minimum a tie with SLU at SLU, and they got waxed by SMU recently prior.

SLU will be very good late in year. So far, on talent alone, and good fortune, they are unbeaten, ...much better record and ranking than expected. Let's not get carried away folks. Hopefully SLU is turning the corner earlier than expected. But they are still very inexperienced and young. If they lost a few conference games and fell to more of a top 20 team than top 5, it wouldn't be very surprising to anyone,have and more along lines of expectations. They have overachieved so far, and have also played great at times...the key for now, is to keep getting the tight wins on road in conference(assuming they will take care of the weak conference foes at home)...and maintain a very high ranking...to get home field in post-season all the way to final four. ....as opposed to falling back a little and having to go to a strong ACC or Pac 10 club in second round, and faltering.

So far so good for the Billikens...and Skip, I saw UCLA and Maryland on tape...believe it was a Fox Sports Mid-Atlantic or something...and Peplinski had a concussion and that is why he sat out FIU game.

The DeSmet kid, non-flashy, hard worker, good solid role player, was all set to go to Quincy, and Donigan saw him in a tournament game, and they snatched him up at last minute, a very pleasant surprise.

I agree ... a very nice pickup. I also agree with your assesment of the team and their fortunes. Though I think they got a little better of the play overall against FIU. With that said ... were it not for a couple of outstanding saves by Hutton ... they could easily have tied, maybe even lost. But we all know great goalkeeping can carry you a long way. One or two great stops turn a tie or a loss into a win.

Courtside, are you going to the game on wednesday?

Thanks for the info on where you saw them play ... I need to pay more attention

I won't be at Wed game Skip.

The Maryland/UCLA game was on a dish ...not that easy to find. So don't feel as though you were not paying attention.

I had a very interesting long discussion with a few of the top STL area high school coaches, on current hs teams schools and kids and comparisons etc...nothing earth shattering but you would have found it interesting.