Biondi & Lisch make list....

SLURadioBoy

For those of you who don't know, Channel 5 did a list of Top 10 people to watch in sports in 2004 and Biondi and Lisch both made the list. Biondi made it because of the arena and the fundraising he'll have to do in 2004 to make it happen. Lisch made it because he might be the best player in the area already and he "might make some local team very happpy!" Cusumano did the list and hopefully that local team might be the one we all live and die with.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

You're not the only one Schasz! 2004 could be a wonderful year for SLU...the building of a new arena and the most talent we've had in years!

We hail Saint Louis U."

I noticed that too jmolina. The fact that there was no mention of Brad or Marque bothered me. I thought either one of those two could have definitely received a mention, but I guess I'm biased.

We hail Saint Louis U."

I'm sure not many in the immediate confines of St. Louis city care

about this one. But on a smaller scale - Harry Statham coached the McKendree College mens basketball team (led by Matt Laur and Justin Tatum) to their first ever NAIA Final Four appearance in school history. Don't look now, but Statham needs only three more wins for 860 in his career. That's outstanding at any level.

john, wasnt the top ten for 2003 not about the best, but about the most newsworthy? perry had a great year, but as we all know the media has ignored the positives of the billikens for years so why expect anything less. besides, i dont know if i want marque mentioned on the same list with the likes of snyder, clemons, tino martinez etc. imo, most of those on the list were there for negative reasons not good.