small hughes blurb

this is a small take out of an article in the washington post today. the majority of the article was about jared jeffries, but these two paragraphs were near the bottom.

"Stackhouse's preference is to play shooting guard, but another factor that could move him to the front court is the play of Larry Hughes, whose offseason improvement has not gone unnoticed by the Wizards' coaching staff.

In moving from point guard to his natural position of shooting guard, Hughes has been said to be far more comfortable and dominant and, by initial impressions, could force Jordan into keeping him on the floor for extensive minutes."

my guess is that maybe larry legend has finally seen his life flash in front of his face and has decided to play. hopefully it isnt too late as his career has been a disappointment the last couple of seasons.

The Wizards are practicing in Charleston at CofC. All practices are closed otherwise I would wear my Billiken hat and try and get the legends attention. They had an article yesterday in the paper about Kwami Brown and the offseason moves made by the Wizards especially about the big Arena's contract. They listed Arenas and Stackhouse as guards. No mention of the legend at all. I kind of got the feeling he was the forgotten man. This is good to see.

i think the belief is that arenas and stackhouse will be the guards and jared jeffries will get the first crack at being the small forward, however if anyone falters, hughes steps in.

hopefully larry has realized the errors of sitting back and not working for it. an awful lot of talent that imo has went to waste in the nba.

Hughes' career has been disapointing so far and I don't see it gettting much better this year.

It will be tough for Hughes to break the rotation. The Wizards have a ton of depth at the guard spots. Stacks, Arenas, Dixon, Blake, and Chris Whitney. They really have no true point guard, a ton of combo guys, just like Hughes has become. Apparently the club is going to give their young guys a chance as Bryon Russell was let go to make room for Jared Jeffries at the 3. Kwame should also get a chance for big minutes. Hughes could be the first guard off the bench, and he could be the 3rd guard off the bench. I would hate to see another year of him riding the pine, and Arenas seems to follow him, remember in GS they took hughes out of the lineup in favor of Arenas, and now arenas takes Hughes starting spot again.