Well, for what it's worth....

slu72

Joe Lunardi's bracketology is out for next year....guess what...SLU is nowhere on his radar. Only two A-10'ers are slotted: GWU and X....Too really make you sick, he has 3 valley teams making it. Missouri State, SIU, and Wichita. C'mon back IV, prove these "experts" wrong again. And if this board is any indication of reality: you're the only hope that UB has of saving his job.

The link is here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

He's probably not too far off. I think even if Ian comes back, it would be a surprise to the world outside the A-10 if we made the NCAA Tournament. And to expect the Valley to have another year like it did would be crazy. People realize now that all of their RPI ratings were inflated, and other conferences are going to figure out how to do the same (i.e. don't play the worst 100 teams in the RPI). The Valley was good last year, but in any normal year, 3 teams in should make Valley fans very grateful.

To have Bracketology before the draft is a little frivolous, though. There are some teams that will be drastically different based on who goes and who comes back.

Who the hell cares. We could make an elite eight run and they'd pick us as a probable NIT team for the next year. Whining about this is just pathetic. Pining for Lance's love lost is one thing but crying over no love from the eastcoast press is just goofy.....

If Lunardi if the opinionated one of St. Joe's two announcers then screw him. He made some raw comments about SLU that last game. I haven't forgot that and hope we beat their ass next year.

Regarding the MVC, the 3 teams he has in are SIU(seeded 10), Creighton(5) and Mo St(8). The two A10 teams he has in are Xavier(7)and GW(9). He has WSU as one of the last 4 out. Bradley along with Charlotte and St Joe are in the "also considered" category. Since it sounds like O'Bryant has signed with an agent, I would guess that Bradley will probably drop out of this category next time he does an update.

I disagree with your points on the MVC, I think at this point he is showing that he expects something similar to last year with WSU being in the last 4 out. Looking at how he has the seeds, I would also say that he probably feels the MVC will be a better league than the A10 again. I know people have a hard time realizing this but the MVC is a quality league and I don't expect much of a drop off next year. I don't know if this means 2 sweet sixteen teams again in the tourney, but I expect the conference to be rated around 5-7 range again during the season.

I do know that the A10 cannot have 2 teams close to the 300 RPI range again or the majority of the teams going .500 or below in non-conference if it wants more than 2 bids. Unfortunatly I am not too optimistic about either one of these happening.

If the MVC gets 3 teams in to the tournament, guess what...they deserved it. Out of the final 16 teams, 2 Valley teams were in. Their brand of basketball isn't always pretty but one can't argue with the results.

Quit deriding the Valley, they did nothing last year but prove that they deserved their bids.

I agree with both of you- the Valley was a very solid league this year, and proved it by getting 2 to the sweet sixteen. I just don't see that happening again. Missouri State wasn't tricking anyone with their 20-something RPI. The biggest non-conference game they had was Arkansas. This was the case with a lot of Valley schools. They were smart enough not to play the Kennesaw States of the world, and that's why they looked so good in the numbers. The Valley teams won the non-conference games they should have won, for the most part, and there was a lot of parity in the conference, which helped their case as well.

If the Valley continues to get 2 teams into the Sweet Sixteen every year, I'll be happy to eat my words, but this conference didn't deserve the regular-season rating that it had.