On my way to SWIC right now...

bonwich

...for the plant sale, to buy some herbs. (Plural, not singular. I'm too old for that other stuff.)

Anyhoo, I figured I'd stop by the gym and ask Lance's coach about the rumor that Lance was working out with Lebron last week when Larry Hughes came over and strongly counseled him to spend at least one year at SLU, 'cause that was a better route than just jumping right to the NBA.

Larry also told Lance that if Lance's girlfriend happened to develop any heart problems, SLU was the best place to have some strings pulled to get to the top of the list.

I'll report back after I pick up my rosemary, thyme and lemongrass. Hey, maybe SLU should also add a horticulture degree to really facilitate the pipeline from SWIC!

OK, I'm back. The lady in the annuals hut said that Lance got a late call from George Mason and really feels like he could make a contribution there, but the guy with the weird sideburns hauling the big plants around in the wheelbarrow said it's SLU all the way, although then he started telling me that Lance really, really wanted to go to Rice.

But then there was nobody around us, and he whispers to me: "The owls are not what they seem." Weird, huh? This whole recruiting thing is like a David Lynch production.