Anybody Know the Timetable .....

Taj79

.... for replacing Beane? I have not heard anything on this and it seems quite inopportune (I was going to say disastrous but that's too strong) a time for this need to be filled when we are trying to fill roster needs as well.

On a secondary issue, I wonder who Beane "had" as his recruiting responsibilities at this point ..... if that's a valid question.

... I am reasking the question. Idiot posts can be done elsewhere. I've managed to stay away from the lunatic ravings ... can the lunatics stay away from this one? I am guessing not but I thought I'd try.

Beane? Replacement timetable? Recruits? Seems pretty direct.

Only thing I heard was that coach had a boatload of applications for the spot, but getting ready for two campus visits in the next few weeks were probably a higher priority right now. Getting an asst coach won't sway anyone at this point, I don't think, unless it is directly associated with one recruit or the other. We have had this discussion ad nauseam already, and prevailing opinion is coach wouldn't bring in an asst just to get one guy.

Have not heard of any 'timetable' per se. Since this was an unexpected loss to the coaching staff, I'm sure UB didn't have a short list in his back pocket.

mhg

.... you ar enow short a critical team member at a critical time, are you not? And if two visits over two weeks takes that much time to prepare for, then there is osmething hugely wrong with the program. Recruiting visits should be standard operating procedures and run according to form. You don't plan a hootenanny every time somebody shows up on your campus, do you? I don't think the NCAA will allow that ... extra benefits, incentives, etc.

As for the ad nauseum debate, I'm not debating who the next coach will be but asked when. Granted, you don't want to be doing this during recruting season ... especially when this period is as vital a one as we all seem to see it to be ... but the short-staff now means that if Brad wasn't into as heavy recruiting before, he should be now. I am sure that as a management team, there are meetings throughout the year ... yes, they go over games, and scouting and travel arrangements but I have to believe there are also skull sessions with who on the staff is recruiting whom. All I'm saying or asking is who did Beane have on his list and who's replacing that contact? Seems to be a really stick-it-to-Brad time to do this when he did ..... I think we'd all agree that this open period, this class and the open scholarships are critical in the Brad era at SLU.

I have gone on the record saying this is it for Brad as far as I'm concerned ..... five years on the job and a nice class in the pocket with Ian, Lisch and Liddell. But most are saying that we need to advance to the next level next year (if it is indeed Ian's last year heck he may be gone but I doubt it) and I don't believe it can be done by replacing AD with DM and adding Obi to the mix. And with all the focus on this current need, how much is the next class suffering? You're a year behind in the cycle trying to fill major needs with a short staff. Not good. Not good.