UMSL All Star Games

I read the paper this am, but didn't get any sense of what really happened. Anybody on the board who can give us a synopsis? I note that Watts was MVP for MO. The kid can flat out play; forget the size numbers; I hope we can get him in 2 years. Size of heart counts the most. Hoping to hear about all the players, including Theresa. Nate?

I was at the game as well. I was really impressed with the kid from maplewood in the second game.

the highlight of the night was seeing "Hoops" from Flavor Flav's Flavor of Love at the game up close and personal. KFootes, if you weren't there, you missed out!!! In person, she is steaming hot, hot, hot.

bad boyz for life

I was at the game. Here is what I thought about some of the players.

Tori King-He was the best player in the 2nd game. He was quick with a good handle and able to get his shot whenever he wanted.

Bobby Hill-Very athletic and strong with the ball around the basket. I think the perimeter skills could come with time. I think he would have looked good in a Billiken uniform.

Marquis Jones-Smooth athlete with a quick release on his jumper. He looked really at ease out there and played very well.

Mike Smith-I liked him. Probably about 6'4 and strong and a pretty good athlete. He took the ball to the hole and showed he could finish. His jumper looked good enough that he could develop into a pretty good 3 point threat.

Sonjay Watts-He was not flashy or as showboaty as others, but he just got the job done. He's not very tall, maybe 6'3 but he had no trouble finishing whereas some of the jumping jacks did. The kid just flat out produced.

Adam Knollmeyer-He was a legit 6'8 or 6'9. He finished strong around the bucket against more athletic players and against a seven footer. He could develop into a very good player or be that post you need to get minutes. I think he's a must get for the Billikens.

Dustin Maguire-Boy I don't know. He is a very good shooter with a high release. He puts alot of arc on the ball. I only saw him shoot the 3 of the drive and pitch, but never coming off a screen. He put the ball on the floor and hit a 15 footer once and looked good doing it, but he only did this once. Defensively there are going to be people he is going to have a hard time guarding, but that's probably true about alot of imcoming freshmen.

Here is the box score from the Missouri vs. Illinois all-star game:

Illinois - 137

Jerome Randle 31, JaVale McGee 30, Andre Walker 26, Osiris Eldridge 14, Glendale Moore 12, Stephen Jones 5, Dustin Maguire 5, Austin Peebles 5, Eric McCrary 3, Alex Dow 0.

Missouri -140

Sanijay Watts 29, Alex Moosmann 15, Mike Smith 15, Ben Hansbrough 13, Adam Knollmeyer 13, James Washington 12, Bobby Hill 10, Marquis Jones 8, Brian Roach 8, Mo Smith 6, Kyle Kirk 6, Jeremy Sharpe 5.

Randle (Cal signee) and McGee (Nevada signee) were the co-MVPs of the Illinois team. Sanijay Watts was the MVP of the Missouri squad.

- Nate

THe Moose looked pretty good. He got burned by the Cal signee early on, but then shut him down in the second half. THe moose was probably tied with being the best guard there with the guy going to Cal.

Also, Dustin talked with Knollmeyer and Knollmeyer said that he was pretty sure he was gonna go to Slu. Potentially very good news, as Knollmeyer looked very strong and was a good finisher. He looks like he would fill the power forward spot.

>THe Moose looked pretty good. He got burned by the Cal

>signee early on, but then shut him down in the second half.

>THe moose was probably tied with being the best guard there

>with the guy going to Cal.

>

>Also, Dustin talked with Knollmeyer and Knollmeyer said that

>he was pretty sure he was gonna go to Slu. Potentially very

>good news, as Knollmeyer looked very strong and was a good

>finisher. He looks like he would fill the power forward

>spot.

Whoa! I hope this is correct. Hard to find good news like this amidst all the other talk. He sounds like the type of guy we really need at this point. I guess we'll know for sure relatively soon.

Tori King is a 5-foot-10 shooting guard from Maplewood who is getting Division II looks.

He's a good shooter and scorer. I think he could be a nice player at the D-2 or JUCO level, if he finds the right situation.

I don't think UMSL has looked at him, but they probably should. He could contribute there.

- Nate

Re: MaGuire; the last game I saw was at Maryville when Drew Diener was on the team because he had been recruited to SLU. He NEVER saw the ball; it was playground the whole game. MaGuire's game is geared to producing in a structured offense; catch and shoot, with the inside or point looking for him. Did he have any such chances?