Per OJ, Kramer made the 17U Eagles roster

how about "6'5 Kony Ealy 8th Grader" on the 15 and under roster? that might bode watching development.

How can you be surprised that Kramer SODERBERG made the team? If I'm a parent interested in getting my kid a basketball scholarship don't you think that I would want one of his teammates or all of them to be the son's of Division I coaches? What better exposure than being on a team where the Dad is going to come and take notice of his teammates? Kramer would probably make the team no matter how poorly he played. Don't kid yourself, AAU is very business like and the coaches/boosters know what they are doing to increase the bottom line.

Despite your comments, I am of the opinion that Kramer deserved a spot on that team.....he can SHOOT and handle the ball...plus, if he doesn't play defense I bet his dad makes him walk home (kidding)

If you have never seen him play, he put up 20+/game with very little help or size on his team this year.

I wasn't trying to say he didn't deserve a spot. I was saying that if there was speculation that he might not make the team it was totally unfounded whether he was a good HS basketball player or not. Bottom line is if your running an AAU team you take the son of a Division I head coach unless he's totally useless. From everything I've heard he's a very promising sophmore.

If these kids are so good...then they wouldn't/shouldn't be concerned with little old SLU and will get plenty of offers at different places, not just SLU.

Point being...the idea that he is the local D-I coach's son, so let's put him on team, is a tad far fetched.

I for one am not overly excited with some in the group. There will need to be some major development. And I am not talking Soderberg...more so about the others.

Does the fact that Suggs, Brandenburg and Perry made the 17's also as sophs highlight that they are ahead of the rest of their class. That's 2 pg's who are at least 6'6. I keep telling you guys about Perry. Perry and Suggs in the same backcourt is downright scary for the 17's opposition and their only sophomores.

vtime, keep us aprised of perry and suggs winning the national aau title this summer. at that point more folks will buy in.

i wsnt knocking you courtside. i am agreeing with you. my point is that now these kids will get the aau spotlight opportunity to prove what vtime and other folks have been saying about them.

i have not seen the likes of perry or suggs for myself, however i keep hearing about them.

>It isn't that I don't buy in for one...I am just saying,

>these kids need to improve a lot, and perhaps they will, to

>be national level ball players. They could easily go the

>other way too. Promising potential for some and we shall

>see where it goes.

Perry was a 6'1 pg as a freshman. He grew 5 inches and kept all his pg skills. You will continue to hear about him. It's kind of like Kenneth Harris who played for the Gameface 15's at 5'11, but wasn't good enough to go to Vashon so he went to Soldan. By the end of his freshman year he was a 6'4 starting guard who still had all his guard skills, made the Eagles and had a good summer and then transferred to where he always wanted to be at Vashon and was a good player as a sophomore on this championship team and came up huge in the semifinal game. Class of 2008 is loaded.

Coming from the same kid who tried to somewhat compare Leon Powell and Derrick Rose. Two vastly different levels of players who play drastically different positions.

While the info is nice. Often times you over-vakue the ability of a lot of players about which you post.

There is some potential sure in some players...some more than others too.

I am not sold on the quantity of high level national caliber players in that group. Maybe local regional level....so far. The thoght that several or many will be High major conflicts with what I have seen...so therefore I am cautiously optimistic onthe quantity part of quality.

Alex Tyus will be competing in his 4th summer of high school AAU this in a couple of weeks, so I dont think the ages matter like they say they do, especially with so many kids reclassifying. I'll run with the sophomore's Brandenburg, Roundtree, Suggs, and Perry against most squads that are a year older, as the 17U Eagles will mix and match them in this spring/summer.