Moosman playing well in the state semi game

VTIME

You know, there is a finite number of scholarships available. V, you seem to want to sign every high schooler in the area with a modicum of talent. Why don't you definitively state who you believe the Bills should go after, after taking into account the number of spots available and after considering that every Vashon player gets a schollie? Do you really think we need another 5' 9" guard?

We need guys that can shoot and he DEFINITELY qualifies. Seriously, in 2006, Stemler, Austin, and Sharpe are the guys I think we should go after. Class of 2007 Harrellson, Powell, Kueker, McNutt, and Stewart. If you can get Stewart on a baseball schollie, but allow him to play hoops as well.

I would've like to have another big man from the area who came out of high school in 2003, Sky Frazier or Randal Falker. I know people use the degree field excuse for Falker, but letting Frazier, a 6'11 kid who can pass well and shoots the 3 well go is inexcusable. You guys admit that Missouri State is the best team in the state, they have a lot of guys we should have. Even last year we got Lisch and Liddell, but let an athlete like Eric Jones get away to SEMO. What!

Also, Domonique Johnson is a division 1 caliber kid, but I wont mention him, because he's 5'8. That's what's holding him back. He could be a good walk-on kid. All of our walk-ons are out of town, while we have other schools offering our own kids walk-on deals.

Eckerle is gaining a lot more interest from D-1 teams. He needs a good offseason to earn a scholarship somewhere, though.

As for Moosman, I think the story on him is he committed a bit too soon. He wasn't getting many offers last year and jumped at the Miami-Ohio deal. But he really worked hard in the offseason to get a lot stronger and improve his shot, as you all can see. He probably had a chance to land at a bigger school after his huge season. To his credit, he is sticking with his commitment.

>Eckerle is gaining a lot more interest from D-1 teams. He

>needs a good offseason to earn a scholarship somewhere,

>though.

>

>As for Moosman, I think the story on him is he committed a

>bit too soon. He wasn't getting many offers last year and

>jumped at the Miami-Ohio deal. But he really worked hard in

>the offseason to get a lot stronger and improve his shot, as

>you all can see. He probably had a chance to land at a

>bigger school after his huge season. To his credit, he is

>sticking with his commitment.

That's why I think he'd be a good walk-on candidate, because he can probably play at this level, but will either get too big for SLU or be forgotten about by SLU if he doesnt make first team all-metro. As far as Moosman, it says on rivals.com that he signed a LOI, so I dont think he could go elsewhere if he wanted.

Eckerle playing well again today. This 2007 class is really talented. I'm interested to see if Stokes can get past Charleston this year after they knocked them out the last 2 seasons. Stokes really turned that program around. I know you guys dont like small guards, but he already has offers from Missouri State and SIUC and he might not be the kid to pass on.

vtime, our current track record with 5'9" point guards is not one to encourage another signing.

this especially makes no sense on a team with quite a few returning guards already coming back and huge frontcourt holes.

if i had a dollar for every time we have explained this to vtime i could retire.

eric jones? if he is such a steal, why did no one else besides semo get him? vtime, you are exceeding your all time outrageous stupidity in this string.

vitme, you do realize that "walkon" means paying your own way. slu is currently at $26,000 per year in tuition and room and board would run just under $14,000 per year. now if you have to walk on, you gonna pay that bill or the one at semo?

>vtime, our current track record with 5'9" point guards is

>not one to encourage another signing.

>

>this especially makes no sense on a team with quite a few

>returning guards already coming back and huge frontcourt

>holes.

>

>if i had a dollar for every time we have explained this to

>vtime i could retire.

In this particular thread, I'm talking about 2007 guards. Those guards wouldn't be on campus for 2 years. Our current 5'9 guard would be getting ready to graduate and we dont have any others on the roster. Also, Stokes actually is a pg. Polk was the shooting guard at Vashon, he waited for the ball to come to him and knocked down shots. Not like at SLU where he had to worry getting everyone else involved and second-guess his shot in ball-control defense first system. Everybody on our team thinks about everything instead of reacting. Soderberg has these kids wound so tight they're scared to play. Lisch succeeds because the system caters to his strengths defense and hitting open shots. Plus he gets to play off the ball.

after coming back from the tourney and getting to see so many games in such a short time with all the teams from the a-10, all i know is there are a lot of good big strong guards out there. plus you have the officials that wont blow the whistle. the likes of polk will forever get beat to hell and posted up. it will be interesting to see how lavendar does next year at xu. i am betting he will not do much better.

I've also seen diminuitive guards torch SLU in the past like Burno from Depaul or Logan at Cincy. By the way, almost all of the kids we are after play for Gateway Basketball Club, cant we get a connection with a coach(es) to steer kids our way. A few of them play for the Eagles as well. We should be able to get these kids every year. I really think 6'6 pg Jesse Perry is a steal in 2008.

what's his grade point? What's his intended major area of study? Will he qualify? Does he compliment the roster at the time of the offer? Is he a head case? Will he become a head case? If he doesn't graduate, will he enroll at George Washington or can he go to one of Philly's imaginary prep schools?

Mention him next year ...... inthis program, next eyar is always the odyssey. Two years down the road is an eternity when you're trying to score at least 20 points in a half.