Lunardi has us getting a first round bye in the NIT.

STLfan

You're a pretty sad excuse for a Dayton fan, however I have to think you aren't a Dayton fan at all. Flyer fans are too down about their disappointing year and we aren't used to 12 place. Plus we have no beef with St. Louis. I think you're just some troll from some local rival who likes to stick it to StL.

A Flyer fan will know the answer to the following - I challenge you to answer!

1) Who was Velvet?

2) What what the furthest the Flyers have ever advanced in the NCAA's? What Dayton legend led that team?

3) Who was the little blond 4 yr walk on a couple years ago Flyer fans would always scream for at the end of blowouts?

4) Chapman to Goodwin to Young was the electrifying finish against what top ranked opponent?

5) Name the 4 recruits the Flyers have coming in next year.

Of course, correct answers for the above doesn't change the fact you're a dipsh!t.

Sorry Bill fans - this guy bugs me as much as he does you. Flyer fans have NOTHING to talk about -this season has been a disaster. This putz is a fraud. It's possible he could be a Xavier fan, thus might be better informed about Flyer history than a local, but they're so down I doubt it.

where the rule is that the A-10 will get 6 teams. just because Lunardi currently predicts six teams doesn't mean anything.

Here's how I think about it. The new rule allowing regular season conference winners automatic NIT bids could cost the NIT 5-10 spots. I have not been following the lower level conference tourneys in great detail but tonight is a good example. If Chicago St. beats Oral Roberts then Chicago St. gets the NCAA bid and Oral Roberts gets the auto NIT bid. If Oral Roberts wins then Chicago St. gets nothing. Every time that happens there is one less NIT bid available.

Lets say that happens 5 times. The NIT bids go from 40 to 35. There are also going to be another 5-10 NCAA bids that come from teams ranked 100 or above by virtue of their conference championships. That means approximately only the top 95 RPI teams will be considered for the NIT (65 - 5 NCAA teams ranked 100 or above - 5 NIT teams ranked 100 or above + 40 NIT spots).

Our current RPI is 96. A win vs. St. joes or Dayton and a loss to GW probably gets our RPI to the 85-90 range. But a loss to StJ or Dayton would drop us out of the top 100. Not in the top 100 = no NIT.

The fact of the matter is the NIT is all about the benjamins. We have a winning record, will finish near the top of the conference, 3rd in attendance in the conference, and play in a first rate facility (assuming this year we get it). They can let sub .500 teams this year. Obviously, they could choose not to invite us, but I don't see it being a problem.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor..._joe&id=2350229

Three things you should notice.

1) It was written BEFORE the LaSalle loss and obviously BEFORE a potential loss to St Joes or Dayton.

2) We were in the last group before those potential losses and were "on the bubble"

3) Losses by teams in the 5th group will inevitably pop the bubble of many teams in group 4.

If we were in group 2 or 3 I'd agree with you, but we are already on the bubble group and basically in my scenrio you'd be adding 2 losses...which means we'd be out.

>You're a pretty sad excuse for a Dayton fan, however I have

>to think you aren't a Dayton fan at all. Flyer fans are too

>down about their disappointing year and we aren't used to 12

>place. Plus we have no beef with St. Louis. I think you're

>just some troll from some local rival who likes to stick it

>to StL.

>

>A Flyer fan will know the answer to the following - I

>challenge you to answer!

>

>1) Who was Velvet?

>

>2) What what the furthest the Flyers have ever advanced in

>the NCAA's? What Dayton legend led that team?

>

>3) Who was the little blond 4 yr walk on a couple years ago

>Flyer fans would always scream for at the end of blowouts?

>

>4) Chapman to Goodwin to Young was the electrifying finish

>against what top ranked opponent?

>

>5) Name the 4 recruits the Flyers have coming in next year.

>

>Of course, correct answers for the above doesn't change the

>fact you're a dipsh!t.

>

>Sorry Bill fans - this guy bugs me as much as he does you.

>Flyer fans have NOTHING to talk about -this season has been

>a disaster. This putz is a fraud. It's possible he could be

>a Xavier fan, thus might be better informed about Flyer

>history than a local, but they're so down I doubt it.

Looks like Mizzophan.... I mean flyphan has shied away from the challenge.

True enough Ace. At this point I don't think he is going to show up. He did make his first and only post on UDPride, trying to stir folks up to come here and argue, but he was told to buzz off. Had a long time UDPride poster made a sly comment about this board, I'd suspect he was trolling here under a different name, but Flyphan busted himself right there.

Well, since at least one person cares about one answer, I'll post them now then get off your board. Good luck against SJU today and an excellent year (in comparison with everyone else's expectations at least) for the Bills!

1) Velvet is Roosevelt Chapman, UD's leading scorer. Some longtime Bill fans might remember him.

2) UD was the national runner up in 1967 to UCLA, who was led by a Soph known then as Lew Alcindor. UD great Don May lead the Flyers.

3) Chapman to Goodwin to Young was the play that defeated 2nd ranked DePaul about 1986. The controversy over if the shot should have counted was one factor leading to the red lights on the backboard when time ran out.

4) Here's for Billiken Dave: The little walk on was Greg Kohls, class of 2004. I added this question in case Flyphan was a younger UD fan.

5) Recruits: Kurt Hulsman, Marcus Johnson, London Warren, and JUCO Andres Sandavol. Sandoval played his Freshman year at UD and will be expected to be our PG from day one. How UD does next year will be largely dependent on his play.

Again, sorry to bother folks here. I'll stop bugging you now.

GOOD LUCK!