Tommie Rookie of the Week Again

SLUDrew

Congrats to Tommie. As good as Tommie has been, I am surprised it didn't go to Kevin this time or maybe shared by Tommie and Kevin. Either way, this is great and both Tommie and Kevin are quickly becoming the best rookies in the league.

Kevin did have a great week as well and they could have easily shared it, but when you come two assists away from a triple double on the college level that is pretty spectacular, not to mention 12 more boards last night in limited minutes, I think Tommie had a slightly better week. You are right though, it could have gone either way.

They will both be on the all rookie team this year. My question is do you think there's a chance to make the all conference team? It seems they could at least make second team. Also, what about Ian? First team all-conference would be tough, but all three could make the second team. Thoughts?

The thing I don't understand is why we have all of these Rookie of the Week awards for our freshmen I think it's 7 times now, we had a record 21-game win-loss streak, we were picked to be 13th in the conference--in which we are currently ranked 4th--and the major sports leaders (the ESPN's of the world) have not picked up on it. Is it just me or am I missing that segment of Sportscenter?

>The thing I don't understand is why we have all of these

>Rookie of the Week awards for our freshmen I think it's 7

>times now, we had a record 21-game win-loss streak, we were

>picked to be 13th in the conference--in which we are

>currently ranked 4th--and the major sports leaders (the

>ESPN's of the world) have not picked up on it. Is it just me

>or am I missing that segment of Sportscenter?

Are you trying to say they dont dserve the award? Also, the streak received a lot of attention from ESPN, while not on sportscenter it was in articles. Also earlier this year there was an article about Liddell being one of the top freshman in the nation. I think Ian has an outside shot at all-conference if we can finish 4th place or higher. Either Liddell or Lisch might make second team, but not both. We've learned by now that we are getting no respect in this conference, especially from the zebras.

>Are you trying to say they dont dserve the award? Also, the

>streak received a lot of attention from ESPN, while not on

>sportscenter it was in articles. Also earlier this year

>there was an article about Liddell being one of the top

>freshman in the nation. I think Ian has an outside shot at

>all-conference if we can finish 4th place or higher. Either

>Liddell or Lisch might make second team, but not both. We've

>learned by now that we are getting no respect in this

>conference, especially from the zebras.

No I was saying that besides the fact that Tommie & Kevin deserved those awards they should also be getting some sort of recognition outside of it. Whenever I watch an A-10 game on TV, they'll mention good/interesting teams in the A-10 and they always just skim right over SLU. I know we're new, but come on! Being on a stats sheet is one thing but creating talk is another...the stats are there, but not the talk.

We had a pretty nice article in the USA today. That seems pretty National to me. Yes we have won a not so major award in a not so major conference 7 times. We will more than likely not make the dance ... what more do you guys want. I can see a little bitching about the local media ... but the National media ... come on.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman