Radio show tonight

LoveforVouk

I was listening to the Brad Soderberg show on the radio and him and Ramsey started talking about the student managers after someone called in and asked about the job. I was wondering who these guys are and what do they do. I have been to a few games and don't really know what they do doing a game or anything. Soderberg and Ramsey talked a lot about them and I was just curious about what people know since i've never heard this discussed.

basically, they get full or partial rides to school to be with the team essentially 24/7. They help out with practice, do laundry, sit on the bench at games and assist, various administrative duties, etc. It really is a pretty cool gig, but takes up quite a bit of your time as they have to be wherever the team is for the most part.

i have a nephew that is a manager for the illini. they have 15 managers! i think more than one gets a full ride and the rest get a lot of other nice perks. trips, tix, illini gear, shoes, etc.