An Idea for More students

SLU_Nick

Today, I have talked to so many students going to the game. And then I have talked to many who cant go because they didnt pick up their free ticket yesterday. The Athletic department needs to keep the box office Saturday mornings. There are atleast 10 people who want to go but didnt get their ticket friday. I am gonna have to buy a seat for my girlfriend unless I track down Diane before then.

How hard would it be to put a student in the office for a couple hours on Saturday.

I think you make a good point but at the same time how hard is it for somebody to get the ticket the day before the game? I mean really.

Is it possible some of the people you talked to know you are a huge fan so instead of telling you the truth (they just don't want to go) they said oh I would have but I already missed the chance to get tickets...

Actually, they apparently don't give away student tickets before the games at Savvis...I was told that they stopped doing that few years ago.

Funny you mention people who wanted to get tickets today but couldn't....I'm working extremely hard with members of the AD trying to change the ticket policy so that a student doesn't even need a ticket...they can just jump of a bus, go to the Savvis Center, FLASH THEIR STUDENT I.D., and get in. This might be implemented starting at the Xavier game...if it hasn't started by then, we will hopefully at least be doing vouchers that will be available all over campus where students can just grab one and go to the game and have that be their ticket and/or open up a line at Savvis again where students can get a ticket. Again, we have to ge this approved by Savvis, but I have been told that it shouldn't be a problem.

After we hand out the tickets to our BC members tonight in the Gries lobby, I am more than willing to hand out the remaining tickets to people who couldn't pick them up, but again, it will be first come first serve and our members have first dibs.