Jarod Leonard

Coach Sodaberg is rumored to be very interested in a Desmet Sophmore named Jarod Leonard. I have never seen him play and was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about him? I think that he is the son of Jesse (The Ghost)Leonard who was one of my favorite Billikens of all time.Any info on him would be appreciated. BY the way here's a trivia question. Why did they call Jesse Leonard "The Ghost"?

Because there was a "Ghost" and two Jesse's on the 1923-4 Billiken (Cigar company) Cuban Baseball team?

Oliver "Ghost" Marcelle 1923-24 Billiken & La Moda

Jesse Hubbard 1923-24 Billiken & La Moda

Jesse "Nip" Winters 1923-24 Billiken & La Moda

(OK, i was just looking for an excuse to let people know that the old Billiken Cigar Company (in Cuba) had a winter league baseball team in the 20's.)

I've seen Leonard play several times. He played on the same eagles 15 team with one of my hazelwood central hawks, alex tyus. he's about 6'5", (maybe taller) and pretty skilled. he's a little thin, but he's athletic and he can play. that would be great if soderberg is looking at him. jarod and alex would would make for a nice recruiting class for 2006-7. another kid on that team is ben hansbrough from poplar bluff, tyler's younger brother. ben is about 6'4" and he can play. kyle kirk was also on that team, but he moved to springfield. I heard a rumor that he was still going to play for the eagles during the summer.

there are some pretty good players in that sophomore class.

it is my understanding that coach soderberg really likes kirk a lot. i hope his move to springfield doesnt diminish what was already started billikenwise.