This loss hurts--Gonzaga

rasrar

Close but no cigar. We had a chance at the end. That's all you can ask for. JJ looked real good tonight. I expect JJ will continue to improve and the team will be tough be beat if he does. Team continue to have problems scoring late in games. IV must touch the more is one way to increase scoring output. Over all great effort by the Billikens. This team will finish in the top five in A10 play.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

>We should have/could have won this game. It would have been

>big for us to beat Gonzaga, b/c we are probably going to be

>a bubble team at the end of the year. This hurts. Any shot

>this team make the NCAA tourney w/o winning the A-10?

If SLU is anywhere near a bubble team, I would consider the season a success. We are young and unproven. Most had us finishing sub .500. For us to be a bubble team, I would suspect SLU being at least 5 games over .500. A winning season with a team dominated by freshmen and sophmores. Have some patience. Next year is the year I expect us to make the tourney outright.

You are exactly correct in that it seemed that all of the Zags and their coaches and maybe a water boy were hanging on Ian. However, if this happens, it opens up the perimeter. All we have to do is hit our 3s and we win every game that they double and triple team Ian. Of course this forces the defenders to NOT double and triple team Ian which means he scores 20+ and we have a good shot at winning that way. Key: Hit the 3 point shots (we were 2-11 tonight).

FROM THE BOX SCORE:

Points in the paint-GON 16,SLU 30. Points off turnovers-GON 7,SLU 7.

2nd chance points-GON 7,SLU 9. Fast break points-GON 0,SLU 8.

Bench points-GON 13,SLU 9. Score tied-8 times. Lead changed-14 times.

Last FG-GON 2nd-02:03, SLU 2nd-00:53.

Largest lead-GON by 7 2nd-05:59, SLU by 4 1st-00:08.

Let's face it, we were with these guys the entire game. We are sooooo close to being way over the hump, but the basketball gods, alas, find more amusement in our struggles than in our success....

SLU fans have nothing to complain about. The Bills played a very good game against an elite team, and it took a spurt from an All-American to beat them. I think the Bills will play in the postseason this year and will make the NCAA Tournament next season, barring injury to key players.

Why complain? It could be worse: you could be a Missouri fan, like me (wah!!) It has been a joy to follow the .500 Billikens; it has been torture to follow the .500 Tigers. They're about to put me in asylum.

No complaining at all. It was a GREAT game. Nonetheless, the fickle finger of fate feigned fortuitous favor, finally forbidding fabulous frevor from the fans...okay, I'm getting a little carried away. The point is, it is so frustrating to keep getting soooo close, but come up empty handed. No one will remember this game other than Billiken fans. Everyone else will just see that we lost to the Zags.

By the way, one more game like this and I will join you in the asylum, although for completely different reasons. Watching the Mizzou game last night makes me glad I am not a Missouri fan. Poor Quin Snyder looked very emotionally shaken and distraught in the post game interview. I actually felt very sorry for the guy. It must really suck to be him right now and I mean that in a sincere way (even though I think he brought a lot of this on himself).

Thicks I agree w/ you. This was a good game. I thought Brad coached a great game, maybe one of his best. This is a value judgment, so who knows for sure. We pulled in a very good crowd and it shows the potential to come back attendance wise is there. We need a go to guy, but Brad appears to be an honest recruiter and on that basis it takes time to fill in of the pieces. He has done a remarkable job recruiting. Remember his first year he came in late and had to pick from what had been picked over. We were beat by a candidate for player of the year. His shots in the second half were spectacular. I thought we defended well. I also must add that IV, on our side, made a tremendous effort in the second half to keep us in the game. IV brought us back to within striking distance. This was the best game I have seen the Bills play in quite a while.

Sucks being Q? Not when he gets that paycheck every two weeks that probably nets him around $30k. The popcorn on his head and suit was uncalled for though. Not sure there's enough money in the world to ease that kind of humiliation. But the way Mizzery plays, ie street ball offense, is his doing. Read Gordo's column today.