MU vs. ILL last night....

TheGoat

Cannot say that it was a highlight, but damn you gotta love karma. If anyone watched the game and saw what happened to Coach Snyder toward the end of the game, well it was a aweful act of poor sportsmanship and cowardice and that person is probably laughing somehwere and having a great time thinking that everyone is talking about him/her. However, you almost have to think that the ole "what goes around comes around", "you made your bed, now sleep in it", "sold your soul to the devil"...etc. cliches all apply.

AGAIN, I absolutely positively wholeheartedly CONDEMN what this person did. Just saying that this is how far MU basketball has fallen.

http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/1quin_popcorn2.jpg

last nite was surely the crowning event in the pretty q era at mi$$ouri. while it was a horrible act by the popcorn thrower (my gosh, what did that cost the guy? to waste that much money on the likes of $nyder is dispicable in itself), all the he had it comings came together in that one moment. kind of like a bad ending to a "b" comedy movie.

as i watched the "action" on the court, i was stunned by the difference in play. weber has his team in tourney form it seems. fantastic team from all angles. i honestly believe this illini team might be better than last. i love the raw potential that randle and pruitt add to the team and it will be interesting to see if they can overcome the top professionalism that williams, head and powell took with them.

mi$$ouri on the other hand looks like a weekend warrior pickup game. it is stunning to think they are that disjointed. stunning. i ALMOST feel sorry for the tiger fandom.

>as i watched the "action" on the court, i was stunned by the

>difference in play. weber has his team in tourney form it

>seems. fantastic team from all angles. i honestly believe

>this illini team might be better than last. i love the raw

>potential that randle and pruitt add to the team and it will

>be interesting to see if they can overcome the top

>professionalism that williams, head and powell took with

>them.

Roy, I am going to have to agree to disagree on this one with you. While I feel that the defense that UofI brought was superior than the team of a year ago, the O isn't the same. Last year's Illini team would have beat that MU team by 50 or more. They had the ability to score at will against anyone and they did it with great versatility. To be honest, at times--not many, MU played pretty good D, but then would get a stop go down the floor and pop a three within 10 seconds of getting the ball...and usually miss of course. Anyway, I think that this year's Illini team has to work more at O, albeit the great game last night.

goat, what they lost was the three headed outside shooting monster. mcbride and smith bring some of that back, but not at the level that head and williams brought it.

however, randle brings that true sf versatility to the table. he has the ability to guard players bigger and smaller and can go to the basket with more success than either head or williams would have been able to do it. pruitt just brings sheer size to the table that powell didnt have. true he is raw, but he is a sophomore compared to powell's experience.

i dont think they are the team that played in the championship yet, but they have the tools to be that and more imo. one thing that will hamper that, the big ten is a far far more balanced league it appears to me than they were last year. i.e. there will be beatings that the illini only suffered once last year. what that does to team chemistry and swagger has yet to be seen.

Well, they are indeed a talented team and the depth of their bench shows what a good couple of years can do for national recruiting, but i still believe that they are going to have to work a little bit more this year on O than last. Running Dee off of screens to get open and whatnot as opposed to last year when they could just pass it round the horn as all of their players could hit from anywhere at anytime. Still a hell of a team with loads of talent and experience. A truly dangerous team come tourney time.

like i said, the maturation and development of randle and pruitt are the key. i think they have the tools to present a much more diversified overall game for the illini, now will they step up to the level that williams, powell and head did by year end last year? that is what bears watching develop.

I think it is terrible to throw popcorn on guy, yes even if he is the SPUMAC coach. Just being the SPUMAC coach is enough humiliation.

The Picture you posted is a fake. It is a good interpretation of what the event probably looked like but it is fake. Look at the shape of the kernels there are 2 shapes over and over again and the popcorn is perfectly white and brighter than the rest of the photo.

It sure is. I heard it happened ad Q went into the tunnel. Not on the sideline. It was harmless and he deserved it. I love Duke and I used to love the Tigers. Q has driven me to abandon the Tigers and jump on the Bills band wagon. If anyone doesn't think Q deserved it, it is because of Q that you guys are potting up with my posts.

Frank had Rich Grawer on this morning and they were all pretty brutal on Missouri(hard not to be). But, Rich and the others on the program did not think Illinois is a final 4 team, at least at this point. I was getting out of the car at that point, so I did not hear the rest of the comments.