Student Bussing

SShoe

Today, SLU cancelled their shuttle busses without telling anybody and stranded numerous students who were all planning on coming to the game. I find that terrible, considering SLU's continually trying to up their student attendance and this is the type of game where they can get people excited.

Yeah, that was terrible. All members of the Band who didn't drive to the game spent probably 45 min-1 hour standing around outside of Savvis. There are definitely some angry people about this.

Did the Blue Crew and the rest of the students get a ride back? I heard that you guys were packing as many people as you could nto cars to get to the game.

After the game I usually see Blue Crew members on buses or waiting for them outside the old kiel entrance. Today there was a blue crew member (I saw his shirt) in the back of the bus yelling profanities at Arizona fans and threatening them. I had to restrain a couple people from getting on the bus to physically confront this person. I love your group and what you do at the games and one bad apple does not spoil the entire barrel but in this case this guy was way out of line and several of his buddys on the bus did nothing to stop him from yelling. I have to tell you I was embarrassed to be a SLU fan after hearing and seeing such a display of poor sportsmanship as that.

I assure you this will be addressed. Even though this may have been one person antagonizing AZ fans, it will not be tolerated and he will be reprimanded. As for the ball throwing incident, I am about 90% sure that it was not thrown by a Blue Crew member but someone behind us. Most likely it was from one of the Catholic students (you know, only showing up at Xmas/Zona and Easter/L-ville). Wait, I just described the majority of the student section...Anyway, behavior like this will be addressed I can assure you.

About 25 students, cheerleaders and band members were stranded after the game. Its another situation where SLU doesnt do the little things right. Those little things add up and this situation may have soured some future student support. SLU is supposed to make these games accessible.

I would like to send out thanks to SID Doug Mac for going out of his way to bring students back to campus after the game. Also the several band members who left Humphreys to do the same, Thank you a bunch.