Manuel Cass to DePaul

Nate Latsch

Thanks for the info Nate. I saw Cass play in the KMOX Shootout last year and came away very impressed.

I think he'll end up being an impact player who could of helped the Billikens.

Speaking of the Shootout, Nate. Have you heard whether Mike Smith of VanFar has signed with anyone? Either a football or basketball signing?

huge pickup for depaul. cass is a great talent. i was under the impression he was likely headed to jucoland, but apparently not. great get for depaul. i wish we would have been in on it as he would undoubtedly been a candidate to start immediately at pf.

There's an article on the Cass to DePaul fiasco at cbssportsline.com

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9050456

According to the DePaul AD, Wainright mistakenly thought that Cass had already signed with DePaul. That has to be an outright lie. A D-1 coach knows who has and hasn't signed with his team. Even if Cass had signed with DePaul when Wainright visited, I still think that he can't contact him. I got the idea that Soderberg couldn't talk to Dustin Maguire even after he signed since it was a dead period.

SLU hasnt signed a good area big man since Chris Sloan, and even that wasnt intentional as they recruited him as a wing. I hope Powell, Stewart, and Felton all have offers in hand. Just tell Stewart he can play volleyball and basketball. They say he's a pretty good baseball player too.

problack,

What's with you hyping up Dave Stewart all the time? Stewart is probably not going to play basketball in college, and if he does it won't be as a 6-foot-5 power forward for St. Louis University.

Again, I'll be surprised if Stewart a) doesn't sign with a major college for baseball or B) doesn't get drafted and sign with a professional team.

- Nate

Stewart is 6'6 like Vashun Newborne and probably growing. He has gifts to play Div1 in three different sports, with volleyball being his best sport. I believe he will get drafted out of high school in baseball, but there are so many guys who get drafted out of high school in baseball and play minor league ball while playing other sports in college. Newborne and Sloan are Stewart's size, so I dont see why you dont think he can play at the next level.