SLU v Maryland

SLUBALLS

First of all, let me say kudos to Tom Timmermann on an excellent article.

As far as tickets to the College Cup go, they aren't sold out yet, and looking at the attendancnce from the past few College Cups, it looks like the semifinals get good crowds, but it drops off in the finals, which could be understandable considering that some fans would leave after their team loses in the semis.

Looking at the prices, if you plan on staying for the whole thing I would suggest buying the package for all three games because it is a few bucks cheaper than if you buy them individually. Tournament packages run at $32, $36, $40, and $50. Semifinals and finals separately run at $18, $20, $22, $32 if you buy in advance and $20, $23, $25, and $35 if you buy on the day of the game.

If the Bills win over Maryland (fingers crossed while knocking on wood), it looks like I'll have my finals done by Thursday, which would allow me to travel to Columbus for the College Cup.

Free Jim Roder(but not K-State)

Interesting to see the weather for Columbus, and how UCLA handles it if they arrive and it is chilly. That might be their only derailment hope.

Getting to avoid UCLA with win Sat ....nice set-up for SLU...only nice set-up of tourney for them.

IU is hot, no surprise, Yeagley's last hurrah. not sold on Creighton yet but they are doing well.

... at about 3 this morning. Between then and daylight accumulations were about 4 inches. Rain/snow line was Baltimore and points south. College Park probably got rain.

Storm part two is set to hit this afternoon. Expected to be much more widespread with more areas getting snow as opposed to the rain of this morning. In any case, it is not going to be pretty if they play as planned tomorrow. Need a whole bunch of "mudders." Cleats with those flippers.

Go Bills.

I played in some pretty bad weather when I was in grade school. One time the field was practically covered in ice.

Last week at the SLU-Binghamton game I heard Bill McDermott tell an interesting story about the 1967 national championship game between SLU and Michigan State, which Bill played in. The game was called due to inclement weather and iin the end both teams were declared co-champions. Anyway, Bill said that the game should never have been started because of the weather, as there was standing water all over the field and chunks of ice floating in the standing water. The game was called when I believe a Michigan State player slipped around the top of the penalty area and slid a long way until he crashed into the goal post.