Brad Davis article

• 4 weeks later...

Most Division I athletes DO NOT miss a lot of class--that is simply not true. In general, they are kept on a pretty tight leash, especially at SLU. If a students missed all but 2 or 3 classes in my course he would not pass--i.e. he would get a big red F. Most other teachers at SLU would agree. Their approved absences are scheduled way in advance--i.e. such as out of town trips for games, where they miss a day, etc.

There are exceptions, and I know of a few bad situations. But it is wrong to make those kind of ridiculous assertions about the athletes.

An entirely different Panama team than the one CRUSHED by the U.S. in Panama a month or two ago. Granted the U.S. had a much different lineup as did other teams. Panama was much better in the Gold Cup. Davis came on as a late sub and created chances immediately. Good for him. Still wondering what Arena sees in Josh Wolff?

we have alot of injuries ... so it is hard to say who will play in the Trinidad game. We played the Gold Cuo tourney with a trial type roster ... don't expect the same in the WC qualifiers, ie ... I will be surprised if Brad is on the roster unless injuries dictate it. More importantly we need to get guys healthy for the Sep 3 game against Mexico. Bruce Arena was pretty upset at the refereeing in the Gold Cup ... he thought alot of dangerous play was allowed.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman