A modest proposal!

you've only gotten me beat by about 10,500 posts.

Roy, I was just pulling your chain about the apparent confilct between likening rappers to mass murderes (just a little bit of a stretch, huh?) but celebrating stoned rockers. Don't stoned rockers contribute to the decline of society? What about the Beatles? Rocky Raccoon is about a gun fight?

Are they contributing to the decline of society?

I see a common theme in much of what you complain about.

I don't have a problem, you did. Steve removed the comment, so he must have felt that was the right thing to do...and I have never questioned steve's moderation of this board.

But give me a break buddy. Nothing left on that thread is anything more than PG. Turn on Fox tonight and I garuntee you see/hear worse that anything said on this board over the past month. I assume you were also a big supporter of changing the Baby Blue's name. I don't like offending people, but when does PC become censorship?

Let me spell this out for you:

1. Metz makes degrading comments.

2. Footes complains in a couple of posts.

3. Steve deletes degrading comments.

4. Footes thanks Steve and assumes issue is over.

5. Nashville follows up to a Footes/Roy segment and brings up issue again.

6. Footes replies to Nashville's comments.

7. Nashville claims Footes has a problem with issue.

Obviously, Nashville wanted to continue issue that Footes thought was over.

Since Steve has already resolved the issue, this is the last time I hope I have to discuss it. Of course the thread was PG AFTER Steve did the edit, that's the point. If you saw it beforehand you might think otherwise. I've heard people on this board complain that there should never be any negative posts because recuits might read the board. What about female recruits? What do you think Shimmy would have to say about it?

Why do you blame me for censorship but absolve Steve? I complained about it, but Steve has the hammer. He cut it. Again, if you have a gripe take it to him.

I don't pay too much attention to the halftime dancers, so I really don't have an opinion. I'll leave that debate for you.

Steve, sorry to have to mention your name in this.

I also don't think we should ban him ... I do hope though that he wouldn't make posts that seem that the only intent is to start a problem.

I missed the banned comment ... now I am curious ... someone please email me with what it was.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

> I missed the banned comment ... now I am curious ...

>someone please email me with what it was.

The first poster suggested a boycot of Vtime and Roy went one up and suggested banning him:

>>disagreement and discussion about billiken basketball is one thing. i have never advocated banning a poster when it involves our billikens. but problack stepped over a different line. without any sort of proof other than his own racist thoughts, he has accused saint louis university of a conspiracy to take over harris stowe college. it is an absurb theory. he has refused to apologize for his statements and for that he should be shown the cyber door. let him take his spike lee rapping attitude to the harris stowe or vashon message board.<<

I would say that VeeTime has definately stirred the pot here on www.billikens.com and that his insight, though often blind, sourceless and ignorant is rather intriguing (at times) Where I think VeeTime strikes a different chord with some older, veteran posters is his uncanny ability to recite rap lyrics and come across as slanderous to the program. As much as I dispise JayZ and pretty much the whole rap landscape, I have to say that my dispise for VeeTime was based on his putting JayZ lyrics in every single on of his posts. Other than that and the whole Harris/"Harriet Beecher" Stowe State University scandal issue that brought a community to its knees, let's forgive the man for this and let him continue to post here. VeeTime, scrap the rap.

if that is what the board wants fine. i would just spend more time at stltoday.com or sportslounge.net. i can debate there just as well.