Is Kramer Soderberg in SLU's 2008 recruiting class?

VTIME

you cant let a kid or an overzealous parent keep moving around for the sake of playing basketball. next thing you know you got virgil fletcher getting fathers jobs, etc. the transfer rule is good. if they didnt sit, they probably legitimately moved their household or at least did a good job pretending to do so.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see he wasnt playing for the Eagles. Also, why did he choose to go to St. Charles West? There team isnt anything special he could've put up the same numbers on a better team with more headlines. Wouldnt a school near SLU be more logical, Brad could drop him off. Vashon is right down the street. Would've been a perfect fit for Kramer. He would've started as a freshman for Floyd.

with vashon's academic record? you are crazy.

i dont know this, but i would bet that mr and mrs soderberg chose a high school based on geography, academics and basketball and probably in that order. while you may not think much of st charles west basketball, coach hollander did take an undersized team that was basically the robertson brothers to state, so he must not be too bad of a coach.

problack, how in the world would kramer have started for vashon last year when according to you, vashon already has the best point guard in the country starting for them?

Kramer would've started at sg and been a scorer until Washington graduated, and then moved to pg. The best pg in the nation is 6'5 OJ Mayo from North College Hill. Washington is simply the top returning pg in the area and will return to the title game for third time in a row next season and win his second state title. No mammoth Tyler Hansborough in the way, just the 6'8 Kyle Kirk who they beat in the semi's this past season.

considering how splendid kramer played last year as st charles point guard, i would have been surprised if kramer would have been at a school he would have had to wait 2 years to be the point guard.

p.s. as to your "best in the area" statement, i would take rob rudy over washington is a second. i havent seen mooseman, but too many posters i trust here, like p diddy, and tsuegnekillib have said he is their man. so the fact others in the know with credibility have touted others, i doubt your washington statement.

one player cant win a state tourney by themselves, especially with an ineffective coach. the point is, coach hollander apparently is a good coach.

i'd take Kramer over Rob Rudy first of all. Rudy's team isnt that good and doesnt play anybody. His 1.5 apg average is pitiful for a pg. He's really not a pg. He doesnt lead his team in assists or anything. Moosman is a sg who is forced to play pg because he is the top ballhandler and can create off the dribble. I respect Moosman's game, but he cant break down a defense like Washington, thread the needle like Washington or defend like Washington. Plus Washington lock Moosman down head-to-head the last time the two teams met. Moosman couldnt even manage to get past the freshman Kramer Soderberg this year in the playoffs. This forum is rating a guy who couldnt get out the first round of the playoffs ahead of Stewart, Stokes, and Washington who each won at least 2 playoff games.

>you're right Nate, who am I thinking of, Knollmeyer of

>Helias. I think both players play for Jeff City schools. I

>dont remember.

Kirk plays for Kickapoo, in Springfield. You should remember. Kickapoo was a Shane Laurie 3-pointer at the buzzer away from knocking off Vashon in the Class 5 semifinals last season.

Kirk didn't show me much in that game. He might have been hurt, but he wasn't much of a factor: eight points, two rebounds, three turnovers, no assists in 28 minutes.

- Nate

if you had seen rudy (which obviously you havent) you would know he is such a strong kid, that he is asked to normally be the scorer. however, again, if you had seen rudy, you would also know that when the team gets in trouble or is pressured, it is rudy with the ball. he isnt selfish, he just isnt asked to distribute. if he was asked to be the point guard, i have no doubt he would be a fantastic point guard.

as to how good his aau team is, i dont know. i havent seen his aau team. not sure how the play of an aau team has much to do with an individual player. however, i think it is ironic you are saying that when earlier today i believe 3 star recruit posted that rob's team beat your precious gameface that has washington on it, this summer already.

Kirk was probably the best freshman in the area for his first and only season at Zumwalt West.

He's played for Kickapoo the last two years and will be a senior this year. There are always rumors of him transferring to this school and that school, so you never know where he will end up.

- Nate

i said he could be a better pg than washington. if you dont understand the context of that, that's your problem.

think of it this way. colleges recruit athletes regardless of position many times. they watch them in h.s. and see skills and know what they can do if given an opportunity or put in that position. the fact that rob is needed to score at mascoutah high school doesnt mean he will always be a scorer only. he has the makeup skillwise, physically and mentally to play either guard spot at the next level imo.

Rudy is not on Washington's level. He's not even the best sophomore guard. He's not better than Gilmore or Stokes. Stokes ppg is a little lower, but his assists are 4apg higher. Look at Gilmore's numbers alongside a first team all-conference player. Rudy's numbers wouldnt be that high if he played alongside an all-conference player. And Rudy put up those numbers against very litte quality competition. Stokes and Gilmore put up numbers against good teams.

believe what you want. you obviously havent seen rudy play or you wouldnt have posted that last post. i have seen washington play after watching vashon 3x last year. he is a good player, but nowhere near the overall player that rob is. and definitely not as physically ready to move to the next level that rob is.

the only two sophs junior to be's i would rank ahead of rob rudy now is powell and o'rear and neither of them are guards.

i guarantee you that rob would score 20 on any of your players one on one and stop them on the other end.

Alburey Doss is better than Rudy. Doss is a 3 star player on rivals and Rob Rudy cannot be found.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/result.asp

Larico Martin is as good as Rudy. Did you see his performance in the state title game. Rudy's numbers just arent against meaningful competition. Mascoutah doesnt play anybody. He's just gunning against poor competition. Gilmore is easily better than Rudy. Look at Gilmore's numbers against better competition with 3 other double figure scorers. Its obvious. Deandre Gilmore is a better player than Robbie Rudy. Could Rudy share the ball with 3 other double scorers and manage to score 14.6 ppg like Gilmore. NO! It's now obvious that you've never seen Gilmore play.