Lute has 1 whole Week to Prep for Billikens

TheA_Bomb

I don't think this is a good thing Arizona coming off a loss and they have 1 full week to prep for the Billikens. I've previously gauranteed a win on this game but it is going to be very tough. When is the last time AZ lost 2 in a row? Well the 01-02 Season when they did it twice to USC and UCONN in JAN and UCLA and USC in FEB.

The key for SLU is that our shooters need to be on. Which is scary because they haven't yet this season. Maybe they are all saving it up for DEC 6.

SLU is now undefeated if we beat WVU which we should have a good chance of doing and somehow upset #3 AZ we will be ranked in the Top 25. Also that GT game is a top 25 matchup and probably gets picked up by ESPN. It is not that far fetched we had big wins like that last season the problem is that they started to come too late in the season. Get one of those big wins earlier in the season and everyone's outlook changes. We need to get that momentum in our favor.

Also that GT game is a top 25 matchup

>and probably gets picked up by ESPN.

Unlike football, basketball TV schedules are set in advance (which is why schedules come out late). If a game isn't scheduled for TV now it won't be picked up because the teams are better than expected or dropped because they're worse than expected. The only exception to this is in the Big Ten where games are set to be televised but may be on a saturday or sunday, depending on how the match-up looks.

I would imagine that if CCIN is not airing the SLU/GA Tech game Jefferson Pilot is and you could get it on satellite.

I think top 25 is a little extreme to say if we are 5-0. I think people will view an Arizona win as a Cinderella upset against an overated (if we beat them) Arizona team.

If we are 4-2 going into the Grambling Game, I will be a happy camper b/c that means either a win on the road (Something that was RARE last year until Febuary) OR a win vs. Arizona (in which the SignGuy will be getting $$ from GWBrett (his brother goes to AZ). But if we are 4-2, I am happy.

Steve

I checked the schedule and Georgia Tech is on FSN, while the Arizona game is on ESPN2. I agree with The sign guy we aren't a top 25 team if we are 5-0 would be nice but don't think so. Looking at this WV team we are gonna have our hands full they have a good backcourt and some big strong guys inside. Has anyone else seen or heard about this team. Go Billikens we need to bring our toughness and and 40 min of concentration to this game. It will be nice to see how we handle our first road game of the year I hope we set the tone early. I know we can do better on the road this year.