Brandon Polk

Billikan

Dave Telep and various others are reporting that Polk committed to Butler today. They describe him as a 6'6" forward that needs to get stronger but is quick and can score. It suggested that we still had an offer on the table but I have no idea whether that is true. He sounds like the type of player that we have not had for a long time. A lanky 6'6" runner who could score. Sloan comes the closest but he is realy an interior player who can run and defend. We seem to have moved to a three perimeter player--two "bigs" lineup with IO hopefully serving the role as a slasher at the 3. With Ian, JJ, Bryce, IO on tap for next year with a bunch of athletic guards I can see us continuing our 3/2 alignment. I am really interested to see who we might sign with our last schollie!

I would much rather get bigger than play with a 3 guard lineup. It is nice to have an option of going to 3 ballhandlers at once, but for the most part we need a guy like Liddell or Izik playing the three and two big guys to be succesfull in Brad's style of play. This polk guy sounds now like a bad fit for our team. We need to go PF at least 6'8.

I don't care how much they wanted him. According to what I have seen this guy is a big 6'6 guy who wants to play the wing. He has put up mediocre numbers in juco and HS. We already have two wing players in this class.

I see tseugnekillib's point. Let's not be fans whose response when a recruit chooses another program is, "Well, he's not that good, anyway."

I also see thetorch's point. Even though the SLU coaching staff recruited Brandon Polk, maybe someone else down the line would be a better fit, as far as we armchair coaches are concerned. Just because coaches recruit certain players or don't recruit certain players doesn't mean we fans can't be armchair coaches. But, unless our name is Butter 33, we won't give up on the program because a certain player wasn't recruited.