Frericks yelling at Vashon, Brad's Mistakes

SLU_Nick

Some of the stuff I saw yesterday was atrocious. Usually while I worship every move brad makes I found myself yelling at him during the game. For example...

Six minutes to go its a close game and he takes RB out. He should be conditioned enough to play till the end. He got enough breaks during the first half.

The last seconds of the game when the Bills were on D Brad decides to take VN off of Hawaii's stud. Vashon had been doing a solid job all game. So IO starts guarding him. Nice job Brad! One headfake, up and a under move and IO leaves his feet and gives Sensely a layup. VN had sensely locked up throughout the game, but lets put IO on him...nice plan.

On a side note. TF gets beat off the dribble by the 6'10 center from Hawaii. VN and IO try to say something to him and TF yells at them both. I can see they get along REAL WELL. Team Chemistry is lacking and losing is not helping.

Still a fan...just a little more cynical now

While Frericks' competitiveness and toughness area good thing. I have always seen him as a loose cannon unable to control his emotions at times, and it affects his play.

With that said, when teams struggle everybody yaps and points fingers, etc...

Why exactly do you worship every move Soderberg makes? I am not knocking Soderberg, but let's be realistic about his abilitites.

The situation was merely an emotional outburst in the heat of battle. What happened was that this thin and extremely mobile 6'10" center had just hit a 3 point shot and Tom had to get up on him about 23 feet from the basket. The whole concept of our defense is close guarding with help if you get beat off the dribble. Chris Soan was a master at this for the team last year. On the play in question Tom's man put the ball on the floor and went around him under circumstances where he expected the help to come from VN or IO. Neither moved to help and the guy got a lay up. Tom was upset and yelled "HELP". This does not make him a bad guy nor does it lead to the conclusion that team chemistry is ruined.

With regard to the big guy from Hawaii--various guys defended him during the game. The reason why VN had success early was because of the great help he had when the guy tried to turn into the basket. Also, IO was doing a fantastic job of rebounding when he was crashing to the basket over the top of VN. On the last play, If IO had received some help we might have stopped the play. But you have to give the guy some credit--he is a strong and excellent player who made a big play at the end of the game.

sensley is an nba player waiting to happen. his numbers except his shooting % were pretty good. i dont think one trip down the floor with izik made a difference. in the second half sensley was doing what he wanted. i dont think sensley beat us. we beat ourselves.......again.

In Brad's post interview, he did mention something about the team being able to get along and for the players to not start blaming each other. So I know its some truth to the chemistry issues between the players, or he wouldn't have said it.

I just have to be there to see the games to get a real feel for what's going on. It's hard to make an assessment when u're not actually seeing the team play.

I did think they had this win though.