Larry Hughes vs. Lebron James

I don't know who guarded who, but rookie phenom, Lebron James put in 28 points. However, St. Louis's own Larry Hughes notched 22 points and 8 rebounds as his Wizards knocked off the Cavaliers at home tonight.

Larry is having a good season so far; I hope Jerry Stackhouse doesn't take away all of his shots when he returns.

Probably Arenas was on James, or they might have put Jarvis Hayes on him. I would think Larry would guard Ricky Davis. regardless Cleveland is a bad team, LeBron will get his points because no one else is capable in that lineup.

Larry is ahving a fine start to this season. Hopefully Eddie Jordan will keep him in the lineup and keep giving him the ball on a regular basis. I think larry will be fine when Stacks comes back, Arenas is a good distributor, much better than Tyronn Lue or Jordan was last year. As long as Larry keeps filling it up he will get his share of minutes.

Hamilton for Stacks was a wash I think. Hamilton is not that good, strictly a shooter, not a good ballhandler, passer, or rebounder and doesn't play defense. It was a mistake to think Rip could be a franchise type player. Stackhouse has alot of ifs, his one season in Detroit he did very well, playing a team game, but with Jordan he went back to his old ways. If Stackshouse doesn't work out he is a more tradeable commodity than Hamilton was.

>>Hamilton for Stacks was a wash I think.<<

Not the way I see it. Stack is a cancer who demands to be the center of the offense but is not talented enough to carry an NBA team (is more of a slasher than a shooter). Hamilton is an important complimentary scorer who knows his place in the offense ... hits the open shots and plays within himself. Based upon career numbers, I have to agree with you that Stack should have trade value though and I hope Washington trades him (as they shall be a worse team with him on the floor).

A team is always more than the sum of its parts. Stackhouse is just one of those players IMHO who has impressive stats, looks great playing 1 on 1, but who overall hurts the team.

Stacks last year with Detroit he played a much better team game and even occasionally played defense. I agree that he is one of these who must be coddled but he just is alot more talented than Rip. Some dumb GM (like the Wizards) will always give a guy like that a chance.

i will be surprised if hughes goes to the bench for stackhouse. i would think jarvis hayes will come off the bench and stack will start at sf. however if i was washington, i would trade stackhouse at first opp that he shows he is ok physically and go with hayes. he has played very well for a rook thus far.

hughes and arenas are a nice backcourt.

Agreed the feeling is Washington is to trade Stacks for help in the post.

The only worries i have are that Stacks hates playing SF. Hughes cannot really play that position either so one will have to sit. Putting Hayes on the bench leaves a big hole, beside hughes no one else on the team can play perimeter defense. I think Hu=ghes has played himself into a major role in Washington.