Game…?

SLU_Nick

98-54 everyone played Tim Dalger and Djordie Courcich sorry for spelling both got over their earlier stage fright and scored at will. Short guard 44 for Berea was high game scorer with 27 attempts at stoping him resulted in Billiken fouls

I thought Cian looked solid. No issues handing the ball, intense defense, and a few slick assists. Undersized, for sure, but seems like a great recruit. 

Dalger’s skill set impressed me. I guess I looked at him as more of a TJ Hargrove-ish player. But Dalger was in charge of the full court press, as well as defending the top of the key. He’s intense and aggressive, on both sides of the floor. Great pickup.

Jimerson ended up getting his obligatory 13 to 17 points,  but looked bad in the first half. I don’t think he even shot a 3 (maybe one?) in the first half. He was trying to score on backdoor cuts, and by driving the lane. Spent  A LOT of time under the basket, which doesn’t suit him. Had several shots easily blocked.

Several lazy passes that were easily picked off. I know it’s tough to maintain intensity, in an exhibition, but that won’t fly against D1 teams. Gotta tighten that up.

Way too many open 3s and 2-footers allowed. There was a lot of movement from the defense (and I love the full court pressure), but a lot of easy buckets were allowed.

Sincere Parker seemed to be able to score whenever he wanted. He could have a special next couple of years here.

We are sorely gonna miss the bigs (all of them wearing hoodies) if they can’t get healthy/cleared to play. Kellen and Dalger did a valiant job on the boards, but this could be a long season with no inside presence.