Luke Meyer

crymdg2

Unless Luke Meyer suffers a season-ending injury within the Billikens' first few games, it's too late for him to redhirt. He's already played in a game this season (even though it was just an exhibition), so NCAA rules don't allow for him to redshirt unless it's a medical hardship.

I was one of the people who, early in the offseason, thought that Meyer might be redshirted this season, but Angres Thorpe nixed those thoughts in September when he told the Tip-Off Club that both Meyer and Danny Brown had pleasantly surprised the coaches with their toughness. Then I saw Meyer play, and I knew that Meyer will contribute this season -- there's no reason to redshirt him.

kshoe, i think the rule changed in the last few years. i seem to remember that latimore played in the exhibition games and then redshirted in romar's first year at slu. maybe i am wrong, but i sure thought the rule used to be as you said.