MU-SLU RIVALRY

slu72

We all know Mizzery fans do not classify us as a "rival". No in their eyes that lofty status is reserved for KU and ILL. To them we are like the neighbor's barking dog who they only occassionally have to deal with. But read Burwell's column today and you have to come away with the idea the "rivalry" is real but of the closet variety. I think given Mizzery's current problems, now would be a good time to finally address this issue once and for all. Missouri legislatures should come up with the Kentucky solution; make 'em face off every year.

that the timing of Brad's annoncement had something to do with MU. I think it was determined a while ago that it should be the day before the season starts and MU just happened to get their punishment the day before. Considering MU was supposed to hear about punishment months ago and the pace the NCAA usually moves on things we could have been waiting quite a while.

I agree, Kshoe. I don't think UB's extension was related to MU in any way shape or form. I think Burwell's point was, it was fortuitous not planned. But hey let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Anything positive for SLU negative for MU is good by me.

the missouri legislature has no business trying to force public schools to interact in anyway with private schools. however, the mandatory matchups with sms and semo would be nice to see.

i did a quick search on a few sports message boards, and i cannot find another single istance of the use of "fortuitous" on any other sports board. it is good you are bringing the level of vocabulary to a higher level here at billikens.com!

burwell has pretty much been in the slu corner whenever he wrote about the billikens. the one time he didnt, he came back days later and publically retracted his comments in his next column.

Burwell is not the only one getting on the SLU bandwagon. Many of my mizzou friends and family contacted me yesterday with positive things to say about Brad and the program. It's impossible not to notice the stark contrast between the character that each program exudes -- or simply doesn't have.