SLU's athletic budget

brianstl

SLU had expenses of of almost $5.6 million for the basketball program last season.  The total SLU spent for the head coaches for all the men's athletic teams was just under $2 million.  The total spent on recruiting for all men's sports comboned last season was $209,363.

The link doesn't go to the SLU page.  You have to go down to conferences and you can select SLU from the A10 teams.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/list

18 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I’m curious how they accounted for the settlement/buy out with OSU back when Ford was originally hired. Nevertheless, I’m guessing his salary accounted for $1-1.5 of that $2 million.  

My guess is his contract is backloaded. I bet he made little last year .

1 hour ago, willie said:

My guess is his contract is backloaded. I bet he made little last year .

Really?  Who besides him and the soccer coach would make anything more than low 6 figures?  I’m truly asking because I have no clue what non revenue-sport coaches get paid.

52 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Really?  Who besides him and the soccer coach would make anything more than low 6 figures?  I’m truly asking because I have no clue what non revenue-sport coaches get paid.

You have coaches from every other sport. Assistant coaches,directors of basketball,trainers. Lot’s of people. I don’t remember,or it wasn’t released but most buyouts deduct current income from their obligation. It only makes sense for SLU to pay him little up front and a lot when the buyout runs out. 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

You have coaches from every other sport. Assistant coaches,directors of basketball,trainers. Lot’s of people. I don’t remember,or it wasn’t released but most buyouts deduct current income from their obligation. It only makes sense for SLU to pay him little up front and a lot when the buyout runs out. 

Just taking @brianstl‘s post at face value, it says men’s head coaches, which is how I arrived at my conclusion/guess.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Depends to be honest. In terms of non revenue, I imagine Baseball and Vball probably make the most. Then some of the other ones, the total is probably under 80-100k for all the coaches in that particular sport combined.