Class Record List Changes - 2016-2017

Pistol

We've got a few guys this season leaving their marks in the all-time class record books.

Senior: Unfortunately, Crawford and Agbeko aren't going to show up here. I wish Reggie's 1 3FGA was enough to meet the threshold, though, because he shot a perfect 100% from downtown this season. However, there will be one change in the career records - Agbeko is now SLU's 5th-best all-time in FG% at .555 (and again, 1.000 from 3!).

Junior: 3 new slots, all for Roby. Roby will be tied with Cobbin for 8th all-time in 3-pointers, with 56. With 114 assists, he's 9th all-time for juniors and bumps Jett to 10th. He's tied with Lisch in 9th for 3-point percentage at .384, bumping Ellis from the 10th spot.

Sophomore: Nada.

Freshman: Quite a bit of action here, with 5 new slots overall and a few narrow misses:

Moore is now fifth in 3-point percentage, with .391 on the season. Johnson will take the 9th spot, with .364, and Jamall Walker moves into 10th.

Johnson and Welmer will just miss the total 3-pointers list; Bartley and Drejaj are tied with 37, and JJ had 35 and EW 33.

Welmer also narrowly misses the rebounding average list - Ellis is 10th with 4.9 per game and Welmer finished at 4.8 RPG.

Welmer will now be 8th on the total rebounding list, though, with 158. With 149, Johnson is now 11th in this mark; he would've overtaken Reed on his own, but because Welmer finished higher, there's not enough room.

With 32 blocks on the season, Welmer ties Baniak, Remekun, and Jon Smith for the 3rd place logjam. With 17 blocks, Johnson is stuck with another 11th place finish. Liddell is 10th with 18.

Johnson does, however, bump Pulley from the 10th spot on the FT percentage list, with .733 on the season. Moore would've been higher up the list at .767, but was short of the minimum attempt requirement (had 43, needed 50).

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

We've got a few guys this season leaving their marks in the all-time class record books.

Senior: Unfortunately, Crawford and Agbeko aren't going to show up here. I wish Reggie's 1 3FGA was enough to meet the threshold, though, because he shot a perfect 100% from downtown this season. However, there will be one change in the career records - Agbeko is now SLU's 6th-best all-time in FG% at .555 (and again, 1.000 from 3!).

Junior: 3 new slots, all for Roby. Roby will be tied with Cobbin for 8th all-time in 3-pointers, with 56. With 114 assists, he's 9th all-time for juniors and bumps Jett to 10th. He's tied with Lisch in 9th for 3-point percentage at .384, bumping Ellis from the 10th spot.

Sophomore: Nada.

Freshman: Quite a bit of action here, with 5 new slots overall and a few narrow misses:

Moore is now fifth in 3-point percentage, with .391 on the season. Johnson will take the 9th spot, with .364, and Jamall Walker moves into 10th.

Johnson and Welmer will just miss the total 3-pointers list; Bartley and Drejaj are tied with 37, and JJ had 35 and EW 33.

Welmer also narrowly misses the rebounding average list - Ellis is 10th with 4.9 per game and Welmer finished at 4.8 RPG.

Welmer will now be 8th on the total rebounding list, though, with 158. With 149, Johnson is now 11th in this mark; he would've overtaken Reed on his own, but because Welmer finished higher, there's not enough room.

With 32 blocks on the season, Welmer ties Baniak, Remekun, and Jon Smith for the 3rd place logjam. With 17 blocks, Johnson is stuck with another 11th place finish. Liddell is 10th with 18.

Johnson does, however, bump Pulley from the 10th spot on the FT percentage list, with .733 on the season. Moore would've been higher up the list at .767, but was short of the minimum attempt requirement (had 43, needed 50).

Pistol, I think Reggie finished 5th on all time FG%.  He WAS 3rd entering this season, and settled down to 5th at 0.555, behind Big Chill, Willie, Donnie Dobbs, and Nordmann. 

And I know the SLU record book only goes 10 deep, but Crawford ended up 17th on season minutes played, with Roby ending up 14th.  (So I now have my 20 on the list.)

And Johnson did jump over Claggs for 11th on the Freshman 3 Made list. Cool, now I can tell Billiken Roy that Johnson is a better shooter than Claggs.

32 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pistol, I think Reggie finished 5th on all time FG%.  He WAS 3rd entering this season, and settled down to 5th at 0.555, behind Big Chill, Willie, Donnie Dobbs, and Nordmann. 

And I know the SLU record book only goes 10 deep, but Crawford ended up 17th on season minutes played, with Roby ending up 14th.  (So I now have my 20 on the list.)

And Johnson did jump over Claggs for 11th on the Freshman 3 Made list. Cool, now I can tell Billiken Roy that Johnson is a better shooter than Claggs.

the sad thing is that due to your typical post content, I would guess many believe that you truly believe that.  

now that the season is over, I hope you get to spend some quality time with crewsplatt.   maybe a weekend bbq or meet up in middle Indiana somewhere.  tell crewsy we don't miss him. 

@HoosierPal - Edited, thanks. I saw that .555 would be 6th currently, but forgot to account for the fact that Agbeko was one of the 5 above that. Kind of a big drop for one season.

I also noticed that Crawford's shooting percentages went down over the course of his career.

I guess neither of these are surprising. These guys were asked to do a lot and were on some bad teams.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, Pistol said:

Doing the math, Lisch hit 0.3841 on his three's 63/164.  Roby ends with 0.3836, 56/146.  So yeah tied on the record books, but Lisch is actually in front.