You guys are killing us right now...4-0 at halftime

STLBlazer

Skip, I definitely will introduce myself.

It's hard for me to lay off soccer. I know it is popular all over the world, but depsite what Americans think, it is not even close to the most popular sport here. I grew up in St. Louis and know that this city is soccer heaven. I have had several family members play at high levels in the game and a lot of my friends have as well. For some reason, I just can't get passed a few things to fully enjoy it or respect it. Don't get me wrong, the players are extremely talented, are in great shape, and can run circles around me, but there's an element to the game that I think is missing, and I just can't pinpoint what it is. I will always support the Billiken soccer teams and when they go far, I may even catch a game.

I second that! I have graduated from SLU in the past 15 years, and I can tell you that the students know all the basketball players and couldn't name more than just a few soccer players. Basketball always got more hype and more energy than soccer did.

I'm not saying soccer is more popular at SLU than Bball ... obviously it is not ... but with games on campus there are a lot of students at the games and I bet most students know most of the players. I believe SLU will lead the nation in attendance this year at about 3,000 people per game. Not that much off some bball programs

I worked in a financial support position for A-B Companies Inc for 11 years...1985-96. I traveled about 25-30% of the time and visited my share of A-B Wholesalers...never have met a poor one yet. Yes, I did make some sales calls with them and some of them were at shall we say establishments where the ladies show all they got. Heck, that's part of the business isn't it, checking the stock err, I meant to say rotating the stock. A-B was a cool place to work. I remember one time getting picked up at LAX by a limo driver with the card that had my name on it...surprised me that he got the whole thing on one card. I felt like the dude in the Bud Light commercial that day.