Practice 02/21/2015

BILLIKENSRG

Got a chance to watch the guys practice today. A lot of teaching being done by the staff. Definitely some good talent to build on even if it is difficult to see from seasonal record. Freshmen are pretty solid and Milik, and Davell are going to be very good. Biggest takeaway was how good Reggie A is. Very impressive scorer when gotten the ball in the post. Most shocking and impressive was his ability to shoot the ball (Easily one of the better shooters I saw today irrespective of position). I can't recall many jumpers from this young man in any games I have seen. For a team that struggles to score the ball, this young mans offensive abilities may be underutilized

Got a chance to watch the guys practice today. A lot of teaching being done by the staff. Definitely some good talent to build on even if it is difficult to see from seasonal record. Freshmen are pretty solid and Milik, and Davell are going to be very good. Biggest takeaway was how good Reggie A is. Very impressive scorer when gotten the ball in the post. Most shocking and impressive was his ability to shoot the ball (Easily one of the better shooters I saw today irrespective of position). I can't recall many jumpers from this young man in any games I have seen. For a team that struggles to score the ball, this young mans offensive abilities may be underutilized

Your last sentence is what makes some posters question some decisions the coaches make.

May I assume you are an alumi coming back for the all century team? Also, Reggie scores so easily because it is against our own defense. Just kidding. Glad to hear the coaches are coaching and practices aren't just a glorified shoot-around (sarcasm)

Billikens RG, hmmmmm wonder who this is?

Agbeko has always gotten rave reviews in practice. Even last year we didn't have anybody who could guard him one on one when he was on. He has only shown it in spurts in games. He has to mature and slow down and his chances will start going down.

Are you saying Reggie has a jump shot? I don't recall him ever shooting a jump shot. Not even in warm ups. I've seen his jump hook, but never a jump shot. If he has one, he should use it. Evans' mid range jumper opened up his game and made him a star. We could use a star.

He definitely has a jumpshot but in watching him I think the staff has emphasized his scoring come from the inside in order to establish post presence. We already have too many shooters in this roster so I can understand why the emphasis is to keep him in the blocks but I would tell him shoot the rock if you are open. Offense is offense however you can get it.