Perimeter Shooting?

In thinking about next year, we've got a 6"10 Gillmann type (Neufeld) who looks to be a player and a 6"9 forward (Welmer) who is similar, but apparently is not as developed yet. So, we are basically looking at the same team from a shooting perspective. Lancona is supposed to be a shooter, but so far we haven't seen it (other than against Rockhurst and walk-ons). McBroom is a shooter but he is neutralized in conference by teams with reasonable coaching and who play average defense. Crawford is an average shooter. Bartley is an average shooter, as is Roby but none of those guys are real threats. Gillmann will hopefully be able to give us one or two threes per game like Rob did during his tenure, but I am very concerned we are at least 2 years away from having another chance at a shooter. Sooner or later teams are going to figure out how to neutralize Malik unless we have a way to spread things out and earn some respect with our perimeter shooting. I look at the kid from Milwaukee that Vandy had who made everything he threw up. I also look at this Davidson team and they have at least 4 guards/forwards who are all better than any shooter we have. We need someone who can put the ball in the basket from the perimeter. Am I missing something, or does this concern anyone else? Second comings of Highmark or Claggett please!

We can't settle being two years away. Lancona and Agbeko need to go. Maybe Crawford too. This is starting from scratch like RM did his first year with the seven man class. We need to be able to follow it up with a four man class. It may not be nice, but it has to be done. Neither has improved and Lancona has regressed. Time to move on.

We can't settle being two years away. Lancona and Agbeko need to go. Maybe Crawford too. This is starting from scratch like RM did his first year with the seven man class. We need to be able to follow it up with a four man class. It may not be nice, but it has to be done. Neither has improved and Lancona has regressed. Time to move on.

Still not back to that latte yet?

You must have grown a pair since the last time I saw you. Finally. Agree.

I have said basically the same thing before. However I am afraid we are going to still have to wait another year.

Perimeter shooting, we don't need no perimeter shooting, not when you've got a Sr. center to dominate the paint... have last year's best player now eligible... shoot great from the FT line... play great defense... have a National Coach of the Year on the bench... bring in a solid freshman class...

I guess we need perimeter shooting after all. Problem is, our best perimeter shooters work in the suburbs.