Title Wednesday?

Taj79

Once again the Billikens have a great team and a GREAT bench. You guys are Final Four material. And don't believe what the UMass fans are saying about you!

This is off the UMass board regarding the A10 and the NCAA tournament:

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 am Post subject: icon_quote.gif

So if the A-10 gets 6 teams in the NCAA's...

Many of you know this. Each round, or unit, each team gets to allows the A-10 conference to receive $250,000 each year for 6 years. These are distributed evenly to every team in the conference. So that's about $1.5 million for each of the 6 teams over the life of the units.

6 units at $1.5 million = $9 million minimum for the conference over the next 6 years. For every round that a conference team advances, that's another unit for the conference.

With a decent to above average performance, the conference could make $20 million for the next 6 years off of this year's tourney alone. Good stuff!

WOW this is great news because now it looks like SBU WILL BE able to buy that milking machine AND a new hay bailer !!!

Bonnies on the War Path -- See you in Brooklyn !

If there is anything positive to take from last night its the increased probability of 6 A-10 teams making the dance. That is real money for the conference and for the teams involved.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that in the A-10 the team that earns the NCAA units gets to keep 75% of the payout, as long as they remain in the conference. To the victors goes the spoils.

Coming out of the game last night, I was very disappointed with the result when my friend said something that bears repeating. She said she had been a fan of the Bills for so long that regardless of what happened tonight and on the last few games she was delighted with the results this year. She said she could remember going to the games and cheering for the Bills in years when the Bills won 3 games and lost 20... This is an awesome year for us, and that is the truth regardless of Duquesne, VCU and Dayton. Every team loses games they should and could win, we are no exception.

It's been an awesome season but that 19-game W streak will quickly turn into a painful memory if this keeps up. It's been Sweet 16 or bust for this season since Day 1.

@old guy --- your friend is right, I was there for those years. Frankly, one item on my bucket list has been accomplished this year ---- Billikens ranked in the Top Ten. We made #8 and #10 depending on your poll of choice. It's been a great year and I believe my goal of a third straight Dance bid will be accomplished. I personally considered a Sweet Sixteen spot gravy given the limitations of this team but did begin to visualize it more in the 19-game streak rather than this three/four-game streak.

Right now, my goal is to play Sunday, March 16th. In other words, the A10 title game. That's the goal. While I'd like to win it, that doesn't really matter. I am writing Umass off as a loss. Therefore, we will need to go 2 and 1 in Brooklyn to right the ship prior to the Madness. This will be success for me this coming week.

@old guy --- your friend is right, I was there for those years. Frankly, one item on my bucket list has been accomplished this year ---- Billikens ranked in the Top Ten. We made #8 and #10 depending on your poll of choice. It's been a great year and I believe my goal of a third straight Dance bid will be accomplished. I personally considered a Sweet Sixteen spot gravy given the limitations of this team but did begin to visualize it more in the 19-game streak rather than this three/four-game streak.

Right now, my goal is to play Sunday, March 16th. In other words, the A10 title game. That's the goal. While I'd like to win it, that doesn't really matter. I am writing Umass off as a loss. Therefore, we will need to go 2 and 1 in Brooklyn to right the ship prior to the Madness. This will be success for me this coming week.

+1 I like where your head's at.