Who is the weakest link on the offense?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free throws haven't cost us a game this year. That's a fact. Jake missed a huge free throw against Wichita St, but we threw that game away in a lot of other ways.

To expand. We lost by 6 to Wisconsin. Missed 6 free throws. Even if you're asking for every single free throw to be made, that's only a tie. I'm not going to check how many times we missed the front end of a one and one, but I think some people's expectations are unrealistic. Wisconsin also went 17-30 from the line so they easily could have shot better themselves.

We shot 78% against Wichita St. Better than season average. Jake's miss was huge. But so was blowing a 10 point first half lead. So was being down 1 with 23 seconds left and trying to full court press/foul and giving up a wide open dunk.

In our loss to Duquesne we shot 78.8%. That didn't make us lose.

Yes free throws are a problem. But we have far bigger problems in my opinion. We turn the ball over on 18.5% of possessions. So basically 1 in 5 possessions end in a turnover. We get 12.6% of our shots blocked. So 7 shots a game never even reach the rim. We shoot 32% from 3. 256th in the country.

To expand. We lost by 6 to Wisconsin. Missed 6 free throws. Even if you're asking for every single free throw to be made, that's only a tie. I'm not going to check how many times we missed the front end of a one and one, but I think some people's expectations are unrealistic. Wisconsin also went 17-30 from the line so they easily could have shot better themselves.

We shot 78% against Wichita St. Better than season average. Jake's miss was huge. But so was blowing a 10 point first half lead. So was being down 1 with 23 seconds left and trying to full court press/foul and giving up a wide open dunk.

In our loss to Duquesne we shot 78.8%. That didn't make us lose.

Yes free throws are a problem. But we have far bigger problems in my opinion. We turn the ball over on 18.5% of possessions. So basically 1 in 5 possessions end in a turnover. We get 12.6% of our shots blocked. So 7 shots a game never even reach the rim. We shoot 32% from 3. 256th in the country.

+1 very well said