Are we now officially the cardiac BILLIKENS?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the fuq.... This is what I said:

To borrow your line, "Really, I don't want to call out your's or B.Hayes fandom by any means your reading comprehension skills by any means, I'm sure you both follow the team read more books than I do. I just believe we should be at a point with this team where we don't fear any matchup where you quit attempting to decipher my thoughts on this subject.

Also, sometimes I don't automatically believe everything the statisticians and oddsmakers predict will come true, and instead prefer to go with what I've see with my eyes. Or what MB labels a 10* lock of the year. Whichever. It's a little out of the box.

Reading comprehension... Big fonts... Ok then...

My quote was "B.Hayes states that SLU will lose to Syracuse by 30+. You follow up by adding a possible spread of 15". Notice that I specifically define B.Hayes spread as a statement because he, well, stated it. Your 15 points spread I gave the qualifier "possible". It appears your big on reading comprehension but I won't quote the dictionary on what "possible" means. 15 points was thrown into your post, where oddly you felt the need to defend someone offering the 30+ point spread. Until you are more specific, it is hard to say if you derived 15 points from a dartboard, it's your expected spread, or for no purpose whatsoever (we discover it to be the latter...) which I why I called it "possible". There is an incredibly simple solution to resolving this mystery for everyone which, strangely enough, you chose not to exercise. It's kind of outside the box but give it a shot- actually state what you expect the spread to be. To demonstrate how easy this is I'll start. My thinking is along the wiz's lines- Syracuse, although undefeated, hasn't dominated its competition in victory margins and we do not lose big. Syracuse with 3 to 5 points sounds about right. Now, if you do choose to offer your own spread, please respond to the following. 1) If your spread is also within the 3 to 5 point range, even up to let's say 9 then why would this matchup be so problematic as that is a challenge, but still a winnable spread. 2) If your spread is over 10, explain why this is not "fearing the matchup". I'm a simple guy. To me fearing a matchup means that I, well, you know expect my team to lose big by like over 10. Perhaps you have a different definition or the word "fear" is simply not palatable. 3) You mention MB's 10* lock of the year but the implication is vague (forgive my reading comprehension). Let's not beat around the bush- own your statements. If the line on this game comes out and it is Syracuse by 3.5 which is what the wiz has is this or is this not the equivalent of an MB 10* lock of the year to bet against SLU?