Confetti shots

slu72

That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Pitino damn near crawled under the scorers' table. It was hilarious!!!

Hey, when you're "in the family," you always have to watch your back. Completely understandable reaction.

rick-pitino.gif?w=400&h=225

He wasn't the only one ducking right there at the scorer's table. I was cringing on the couch. I'm surprised in this day and age, that anyone would set off loud explosions and flashes in an indoor arena. It's a bit different after a home run or touchdown in an outdoor stadium.

He wasn't the only one ducking right there at the scorer's table. I was cringing on the couch. I'm surprised in this day and age, that anyone would set off loud explosions and flashes in an indoor arena. It's a bit different after a home run or touchdown in an outdoor stadium.

No joke there, WP. My first thought was, oh, Jeez, not at the final 4. Hey, after you see 19 crazed people crash airplanes into buildings and one into the ground or some whacko blow away 26 innocents, what's unimaginable? And remember, Pitino lost a close brother in law on 9/11. Although, gotta admit, the mob stuff was funny. Was Johnny the Squid Calipari the hit man? As in KY has only one national championship team, and that's my turf.

Anyone else besides Pitino think that Al Quaeda, Hammas, or Kim Il Un might be commencing a terrorist attack after the game ended? I jumped a couple of inches out of my chair. Would have gone higher but I'm too old.

My first thought as well. I was wondering what the heck was going on. When Jim Nantz didn't start giving a play by play on the number of shooters, I figured it would be OK. I don't recall the booms from previous years. Just drop the confetti and let the crowd reaction supply the background noise.