Jim Crews finishes second in AP's Coach of the Year

Jeremy

Congrats to JC and the 2013-14 Billikens. He really deserved to win it all. Great job, JC. We're proud to have you, or think we are if Fr. B can get off his fat arse and sign you up, as the HC of the Saint Louis University Billikens.

Definitely an honor to get 2nd place in voting for the AP award. I think he still has a very good chance to take the Naismith award. Historically, there hasin't been much cohesion between the AP winner and the Naismith winner. In terms of the coaching awards this season, it really has basically been between Crews and Larranaga. Here's hoping that Crews can take home one more award come this weekend!

Definitely an honor to get 2nd place in voting for the AP award. I think he still has a very good chance to take the Naismith award. Historically, there hasin't been much cohesion between the AP winner and the Naismith winner. In terms of the coaching awards this season, it really has basically been between Crews and Larranaga. Here's hoping that Crews can take home one more award come this weekend!

Don't forget the Rupp award for COY, too.

I know I should know this, but who is Larranaga?

I know I should know this, but who is Larranaga?

Miami (FL) men's basketball coach.

Coached the George Mason team that made the Final Four, grew up in the Bronx and played at Providence, selected by Pistons in 6th round of '71 draft but never played in NBA, coached as asst at Davidson, head coach at Div. II American International, asst at Virginia, head coach at Bowling Green for 11 years, then George Mason for 13 years before taking over at Miami in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Larra%C3%B1aga

Miami (FL) men's basketball coach.

Coached the George Mason team that made the Final Four, grew up in the Bronx and played at Providence, selected by Pistons in 6th round of '71 draft but never played in NBA, coached as asst at Davidson, head coach at Div. II American International, asst at Virginia, head coach at Bowling Green for 11 years, then George Mason for 13 years before taking over at Miami in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Larra%C3%B1aga

But, on the more serious note, what does he have to do with Indiana?

But, on the more serious note, what does he have to do with Indiana?

Their (Mason's) improbable run ended on April 1 in Indianapolis when they lost 73–58 to eventual national champion Florida in the national semifinals.

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Indiana/indiana_motto.html

"Crossroads of America"

On ESPN, I see they've added the tilde (ñ) to Jim Larrañaga since he coaches in Miami, also home of Billiken Anthem rapper Pitbull. Very interesting. I'm Über impressed by this.