The long overdue College Basketball HOF

SLUWX

The National Association of Basketball Coaches has announced that it will move it's headquarters into the Sprint Center, the soon to be built downtown arena/entertainment venue in Kansas City. The association will also open a College Basketball Hall of Fame in the same building.

Here's a question for the experts: Who deserves a place in the college basketball hall of fame but has been snubbed by Springfield? Think we will see any Billikens at future inductions in Kansas City?

On the web: http://www.sportkc.com/news/DowntownArena.htm

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/sports...044/detail.html

I think the college basketball HOF can be a little more inclusive and also include great players that did not distinguish themselves as pros. The HoopHall does not induct great college players on those merits alone.

Springfield may not be on everyone's top tourist destinations but the HoopHall is worth a visit. The early history is very interesting and the shoot around area is very fun. I like the basketball architecture of the new Hall as well. I recommend you drive 10 miles north to my former home town of Northampton if you want to eat however.

I don't think there is anyone "snubbed" but there are always borderline cases that can go either way.

i have visited the ncaa hall of champions in indianapolis. nice visit that would eat 2-3 hours of even a casual fan. is this proposed hof in kc to replace the hall of champions in indy?

if you ever find yourself in Newport Beach, CA. while the wife is shopping at Newport Center look west across the street to John Hamilton's amazing collection at www.newportsportsmuseum.com. It is the largest privately owned and open to the public free with a nice web site place I've ever seen. Go downstairs and sit in one of the old seats from Sportsmans Park!

I went to the Hall of Champions two years ago. It was awesome. In the entry area they have banners of every national championship team from the past year. If SLU wins a national championship in soccer n the next couple years, I might have to go back there to see the Billiken banner hanging from the rafters.

I probably could spend an entire day in that place.