USF President To Speak Again With 2 AD Finalists

Lobo

Published: May 11, 2004

TAMPA - University of South Florida President Judy Genshaft will speak with athletic director finalists Doug Woolard and Jon Oliver again before making a decision on the Bulls' AD.

Genshaft will contact Woolard, Saint Louis' AD, and Oliver, a senior associate AD at Virginia, by telephone, USF spokeswoman Michelle Carlyon said.

There remains no timetable when Genshaft will announce Lee Roy Selmon's replacement. Woolard, 54, and Oliver, 40, were unanimously recommended to Genshaft by USF's 12-member search committee.

In a local poll (Tampa Bay) 81% favored the selection of Oliver whereas 18% favored Woolard.

And who was the poll of, members of the athletic department or one of those internet polls run by papers or radio stations? I assume the latter. Or was it a poll of the students at the University?

could have been a poll of park guests waiting in line to leave nearby busch gardens for all we know.

Supposedly, one of the local fish wraps that disguises itself as a sports page here also polled all of the USF coaches (don't know how many). Oliver easily won that poll with Woolard and another candidate who is out of the running only getting one 1st place vote. I'm kind of surprised this thing is dragging on...I would think they would want to make an announcement before Thursday (next Lightning VS Flyer game).

hmmmm, that is probably why the process is drawing out. the administration sees woolard as the best choice, yet the employees to be of this future ad want the other guy. not a good combination. i am betting that if it drags on much longer candidate yet to be discussed emerges.