Bills move up to A-

The Wiz

Very nice win... and a spread of 14 is great. It is the maximum number that gives us the biggest boost. After 14 it is the law of diminishing returns. Interestingly, New Mexico stays at A-.....we are a "good" loss for them.

We are 4 points better than the Lobos. The psychological factors that I mentioned in an earlier post (letdown from beating a top 10 team and being reranked, followed by playing an unranked OOC team during a long road trip) were good for an additional 10 points. And while you can't figure it into the calculations (contrary to what some may think) it is not a surprise for us to win big. As I pointed out to the Lobo, they will use this loss as an excuse if they do poorly in their conference (I currently have them 5th)

Now another warm up game before conference play and we should be in good shape going into the season. I will do a conference preview after the Savannah game.

Go Bills

Very nice win... and a spread of 14 is great. It is the maximum number that gives us the biggest boost. After 14 it is the law of diminishing returns. Interestingly, New Mexico stays at A-.....we are a "good" loss for them.

We are 4 points better than the Lobos. The psychological factors that I mentioned in an earlier post (letdown from beating a top 10 team and being reranked, followed by playing an unranked OOC team during a long road trip) were good for an additional 10 points. And while you can't figure it into the calculations (contrary to what some may think) it is not a surprise for us to win big. As I pointed out to the Lobo, they will use this loss as an excuse if they do poorly in their conference (I currently have them 5th)

Now another warm up game before conference play and we should be in good shape going into the season. I will do a conference preview after the Savannah game.

Go Bills

[/quote

Sounds familiar to us last year. Loyola Marymount. A successful and distant road trip which lasted too long. Recent national ranking. Poor performance. Except we were favored, etc

Go Bills

[/quote

Sounds familiar to us last year. Loyola Marymount. A successful and distant road trip which lasted too long. Recent national ranking. Poor performance. Except we were favored, etc

+1

Another psychological stumbling block mentioned by the CBS SN crew was that we were sandwiched between the noted Cincy game and New Mexico's Mountain West opener against bigtime UNLV. Double overlook whammy if you ask me.

Last night was what an abover average team SHOULD do at home against a good opponent. Quite enjoyable to watch ....not so much the second half but the first was a clinic. Also, a nice halftime piece on Majerus.