The season is almost ready to start

SLU_Nick

This non-conference has pretty much been void of any consequence (on the court at least). I am watching every game thinking to myself, what can I actually take away from this? It's really not much.

So some quick fire questions I am dying to have answered:

1. How good is KM? We know he is good, but does he single-handedly bring our swagger back which we have been lacking this year.

2. Does the play of JJ, MM, DE, RL, CE all elevate because they have a little weight lifted off their shoulders, how much.

3. Is our defense still good?

4. Is the A-10 going to be as tough as it seems. I can see us winning it or coming in around 7th. It has to be the hardest conference to predict.

If I had to put a percentage on our chance to dance this year...I think it is sitting at right about 40% for me. That is of course a gut feeling...the depth of the A-10 scares me.

This non-conference has pretty much been void of any consequence (on the court at least). I am watching every game thinking to myself, what can I actually take away from this? It's really not much.

So some quick fire questions I am dying to have answered:

1. How good is KM? We know he is good, but does he single-handedly bring our swagger back which we have been lacking this year.

2. Does the play of JJ, MM, DE, RL, CE all elevate because they have a little weight lifted off their shoulders, how much.

3. Is our defense still good?

4. Is the A-10 going to be as tough as it seems. I can see us winning it or coming in around 7th. It has to be the hardest conference to predict.

If I had to put a percentage on our chance to dance this year...I think it is sitting at right about 40% for me. That is of course a gut feeling...the depth of the A-10 scares me.

I think it's a bit unfair not to acknowledge the presence of the "swagger" against Texas A&M and Loyola-Marymount. Even without Mitchell the Bills dominated those games reminiscent of their play in the 76 Classic last season.

With Santa Clara sitting at 11-2 (both losses in OT), and looking like a contender in the WCC (they also play Dook this weekend), I'd say our only real ###### loss is @ Wash right now (margin of Santa Clara L aside). Win over New Mexico would go a long way right now. Fill the 'Fetz.

Also the other teams in the A-10 have been killing it, can't wait for the home and home with Butler, and remember we get most of the good teams at home, too. Should be a fun couple of months. In KM we trust. It's been a self-described roller coaster ride for him over 5 years, but let's make sure he knows how much he's meant to this program, along with RM. I'm expecting big things.

We can have a quality year if we get consistent inside scoring. Otherwise teams will push our guards out on the perimeter and make it more difficult for them to get their shots and/or create. Defense will be strong as well as guard play. Rebounding, we should hold our own.