Bills by 21 over EIU

The Wiz

-Wiz, any chance you can run us vs NM as of your current stats?

The RPI forecast website has us as a half point favorite vs New Mexico. I'm pretty sure that site uses sagarin for predictions.

I don't believe any of the predictive computer programs currently account for the possibility kwamain will be back.

-Wiz, any chance you can run us vs NM as of your current stats?

As of today, we are a 2 point favorite.

In looking at this upcoming game, there are 2 key games to factor in. The first game is the Valpo one...for both teams. Valpo is a common opponent. Both teams played Valpo at home and both beat Valpo by 13....a strong indicator that SLU and UNM are closely matched. The Pit is a huge homecourt advantage for the Lobos ...the Fetz not as much. With the winning margin an equal 13...that tilts things slightly to the Bills as UNM should have won by 15 or 16.

The second key game will be on Dec 27 when NM plays Cinn. Cinn is an A+ (elite) team right now. They should beat NM by 10 points. If that game turns out to be close or a win for NM that could spell trouble. for the Bills...at least from a numbers point. But there is another factor....this will be a tough road trip for UNM. They first travel to Cinn...play a very tough game and then travel to us. I do not know their travel arrangements ie...play Cinn , return home and then come back to StL or play Cinn and then come straight here...either way a tough road trip. From a mental aspect, they will be very focused on beating a higher ranked Cinn team. There will be a let down playing the unranked Bills afterward...Lobos will be incredibly high if they beat Cinn...letdown...or depressed after losing a key game....letdown. Meanwhile the Bills will be warming up at home against F rated SIU-E.

One last factor is the KM factor which doesn't factor in and will probably not make much difference. First, we don't know for sure he will be playing and even if he does he may not be much of a factor as it will be "spring training" for him. He has been off since last March. If you remember, when he came back after his last layoff it took him awhile to get going. Best case scenario would be in a close game maybe an extra basket or a steal might be the difference.

The RPI forecast website has us as a half point favorite vs New Mexico. I'm pretty sure that site uses sagarin for predictions.

I don't believe any of the predictive computer programs currently account for the possibility kwamain will be back.

-thanks, I hoping KM can make a difference but most importantly no further injuries so he can keep getting in better shape and playing better