SI has us at 25

slu72

Go to cnnsi.com for SI's top 25. We're at 25. However, the write up is full of holes. First, they don't know KM's injured. Second, they imply CE is a starter. No mention of JJ at all, one of A-10's top defenders, saying KC will be first off the bench. Give props to DE and RL, but other than that this was not very well researched. VCU listed at 23 I recall. Take it for what it's worth, but at least it's more national pub which never hurts. On a side note, KU struggled against DII Bellarmine last night. Just goes to show all teams struggle at first and lends credence that our trip to Canada last year gave us a boost. Still, am concerned about our opening game. Probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I always recall that LeMoyne beat a top 10 'Cuse team about 2 years ago and KY lost to an unknown about 3 years ago. Those teams can wipe away those bad memories as the season progresses. We can't.

Go to cnnsi.com for SI's top 25. We're at 25. However, the write up is full of holes. First, they don't know KM's injured. Second, they imply CE is a starter. No mention of JJ at all, one of A-10's top defenders, saying KC will be first off the bench. Give props to DE and RL, but other than that this was not very well researched. VCU listed at 23 I recall. Take it for what it's worth, but at least it's more national pub which never hurts. On a side note, KU struggled against DII Bellarmine last night. Just goes to show all teams struggle at first and lends credence that our trip to Canada last year gave us a boost. Still, am concerned about our opening game. Probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I always recall that LeMoyne beat a top 10 'Cuse team about 2 years ago and KY lost to an unknown about 3 years ago. Those teams can wipe away those bad memories as the season progresses. We can't.

I hope we come out of the gate strong. I loved the fact that we destroyed Tenn State last year in the opener - a decent team that beat Murray State last year. It seemed to really set the tone that it was going to be a special season. We are playing another decent team in this year's opener... while not a big name team, they are not a cupcake. Let's take care of business.

I hope we come out of the gate strong. I loved the fact that we destroyed Tenn State last year in the opener - a decent team that beat Murray State last year. It seemed to really set the tone that it was going to be a special season. We are playing another decent team in this year's opener... while not a big name team, they are not a cupcake. Let's take care of business.

Agreed. We need to come out with some confidence and some swagger. We made it to the second round of the Tournament and took Michigan State to the wire. We need to come out and play smothering D and smack them around a little. All in.

On a side note, KU struggled against DII Bellarmine last night. Just goes to show all teams struggle at first and lends credence that our trip to Canada last year gave us a boost.

http://athletics.bel...1107124351.aspx

Bellarmine University, also from Louisville, played #2 U of Louisville Cardinals, actually, and lost by 19. They did get it down to 13 in the second half. I believe the area where U of L really struggled was from 3 point range as they hit only 1 trey of 19 shots for 5.3%. Bellarmine was picked #2 in a Div.2 national poll by one publication. Bellarmine struggled with Louisville's smothering defense and ended up with an even lower shooting percentage than Louisville's 47.3%. Bellarmine shot 27% and only 17.2% from 3 point range. Bellarmine did out rebound the Cardinals 43-38 with Louisville being a much taller team.

Got the SI basketball preview edition, and in the magazine the had the Bills #24, but on the cover only listed the top 20