OK, its time to move on

slu72

First, we are all hoping for a speedy and healthy recovery for RM. If he ever leads the Bills on the floor again is not important, his health is what we all should be concerned with at this point.

The admin has decided J. Crew (at least we'll be fashionable) is the best man to lead this team into this season. So, as fans its our job to get behind and fully support KM, CE, MM, JJ, DE, et al). No, I'm not a season ticket holder because I happen to live about 900 miles away from St. L. But I still hold airline tickets to the big Arch for a two game series in Jan. Can't recall what weekend right now, because I'm too drunk and lazy to look it up, but I'll be there to see Broy, Box, WP Jim, SShoe, et al. at Humphreys or the Field House.

RM is sick. He deserves our prayers. It's very likely he will never coach the Bills again. But that's no reason to not support these kids who have put in the hard work and made the sacrifices to play D1 hoops. This could be a very good team. An excellent team. Maybe our best ever. Let's get over the disapointment and the team's that RM will not be the man on the bench this season and cheer them to a lot of W's. I'm convinced that's what RM would want from us. When it's all said and done, it's really about the kids on the floor, not who's coaching them.

Let's go BILLS.

I like the "J Crew" nickname. I'll make sure to mention it to the student workers in my office - hopefully it catches on.

This years team is now known as the J Crew.

Saw the whole team and coaching staff at the volleyball game tonight. They were all shaking hands and having a good time with each other and the coaches. Even Drew and Carter for anyone worried about that.

Sweet Sixteen minimum.

Backhand said undefeated until the Final Four. Sounds about right.

Crews knows what it takes to go undefeated.

Crews was the first coach to get an at-large bid to the dance out of the MCC...going 23-4 in the 1988-89 regular season (2 pt loss @methdale, 6 pt loss @ Wake, 8 pt loss @ X, 11 pt loss @ Kiel on Gray/Douglass Sr night).

There's so many things that go into maintaining a successful D1 program...for whatever reason, Crews wasn't able to adjust to the changing dynamics in D1 heading into the 21st century. That being said, he had a solid 11-year run where he went 210-121 with 4 NCAA bids. When he's had talent, he's been able to get it done.

I get that people are concerned about the recruiting gap, transfers, etc...but we don't want to panic. At this stage of the game, our best recruiting tactic is to win. We'll be poised to make the dance again in 2013-14 with players already in the program, and ideally we'll have a loaded recruiting class in 2014-15, possibly along with a transfer or two that new coach brought with him to bolster the remaining 5 of Carter, McBroom, Drew, Glaze, and Manning.